short/longblock opinions needed

NotSoStockMach

Established Member
I have 00 gt and a d1sc procharger. I might be needing a new forged motor soon and need some opinions. I have been looking at MMRs website and see some decent deals on their 900hp forged shortblocks. Their longblocks are quite a bit more but from what ive heard its better to get a longblock. I dont know a whole lot about this so i need some opinions and info. Should i just buy the shortblock and get the rest done or get the longblock instead?
If i get a shortblock will i just spend the other money gettin it put in, should i just get the longblock.....
also, what all is involved labor wise if i get the shortblock as far as assembly?

Thanks for any help in advance. :thumbsup:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I know of a couple people that have had issues with MMR recently. Also, VT has changed ownership recently and still owe people engines from the previous owners regime...so the wait may be long.

It's not necessarily better to go with a longblock; it all depends on how much work you want to do yourself.

Modular Performance has built some great motors and I haven't heard any negative comments/feedback about them.

01 Venom

Established Member
really VT is under new ownership?

but as he said, it depends on how much work you want to do yourself. If you have to pay someone to do all of it, may be worth it to get a long block.

NotSoStockMach

Established Member
somehow i made 2 of these, oops:bash:

Anyway, what all is involved if i get a shortblock? Putting on the heads and what else? thanks for the help, im kind of a newb when it comes to building an engine :??:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If you get a shortblock you will have to install the heads, cams, cam chains, tensioners, front cover, and damnper and also degreeing the cams.

Users who are viewing this thread