Short clip racing Infineon this weeked

KevinE

Established Member
[youtube_browser]EDSrLsf9jSM[/youtube_browser]

First track day ever. Definitely had a blast even with it being in the upper 90's all day. Car ran great up until I popped a FRPS. :( Had to get towed home.

Car never overheated and ran extremely strong. I threw in a few gallons of 100 octane to help balance out our 91 CA piss gas.

My supercharger coolant temps got hot as hell which worried me a little - at one point my gauge read 190-200 degrees. But after the first few sessions, I quickly disregarded the temps as the car continued to rip without any issues.

Anyway, I think everyone should try to save up and do a track day at least once. This shit is so addicting and so much fun. Plus you get to know how ur car handles.

Thanks for watching - i would've had some go-pro footage but SOMEONE forgot to bring it with them. You know who you are....:nonono:

(Mike, I had to post this vid. Sooo loud hahaha)

jrandy

Established Member
your car sounds amazing. looks like you had a blast until the frps crapped out.

racebronco2

Established Member
[youtube_browser]EDSrLsf9jSM[/youtube_browser]

First track day ever. Definitely had a blast even with it being in the upper 90's all day. Car ran great up until I popped a FRPS. :( Had to get towed home.

Car never overheated and ran extremely strong. I threw in a few gallons of 100 octane to help balance out our 91 CA piss gas.

My supercharger coolant temps got hot as hell which worried me a little - at one point my gauge read 190-200 degrees. But after the first few sessions, I quickly disregarded the temps as the car continued to rip without any issues.

Anyway, I think everyone should try to save up and do a track day at least once. This shit is so addicting and so much fun. Plus you get to know how ur car handles.

Thanks for watching - i would've had some go-pro footage but SOMEONE forgot to bring it with them. You know who you are....:nonono:

(Mike, I had to post this vid. Sooo loud hahaha)

If you tune has the ford temp stategy then it was pulling 4* at 150* and around 8 at 200*. Mine was pulling 5 1/2 degrees when i went as high at 170* but really couldn't feel the difference.

It is very addicting especially if you are improving every session you go out.

KevinE

Established Member
Nice video, sounds great. what did you do to prep for the event?

Thanks man! Honestly I didn't do much prep to my car as it's pretty built. The main thing was tires. I ended up trying out the r888's, they are an amazing tire. I bled my brakes with motul rbf600, pulled my center caps, checked all fluid levels and that was pretty much it. Got tech'd prior to the event so that speeds things up as well.

your car sounds amazing. looks like you had a blast until the frps crapped out.

Thanks!! It was a ton of fun. Definitely gonna do it again

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice to see someone driving these cars for what they were built for. How did you stack up vs others on the track?

Good to see im not the only one that puts some 100 in when I know im going to be driving the car hard for some combustion insurance.

Though I have to stay away from driving at a road course. I definitely wont be able to afford this hobby after a track day.

KevinE

Established Member
Nice to see someone driving these cars for what they were built for. How did you stack up vs others on the track?

Good to see im not the only one that puts some 100 in when I know im going to be driving the car hard for some combustion insurance.

Though I have to stay away from driving at a road course. I definitely wont be able to afford this hobby after a track day.

Hahahahaha ya. This shit is expensive for sure. Plus all the prep costs of oil changes etc. Gets to be about a 5 times-a-year hobby. :burnout:

I actually felt the cobra and myself stacked up very well with the competition. Since it was my first track day, I needed to start in the beginner group and work my way up the rankings. I was able to blow by a few z06's and an 09' ACR Viper. I never got passed throughout the day...so i guess thats a plus. Hahahaha :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread