custom blower cams
upgrades springs
long tubes
x-pipe
borla stinger mufflers

Last edited:

j-tan

Established Member
It's all up to you on what you want to do about your fuel pumps. I guess for me just having the piece of mine that I have more fuel than I need. I guess when you get it tuned see what your fuel pump duty cycle is at and you can go from there.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Well hopefully the OP checks back on his thread...

There are different ways to go about this OP..some may involve how deep your pockets are, or, if your going to do the work yourself....the price of any specific part is usually 1/3 of the total cost once you pay a shop to install it...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

Have you read this thread? Its pretty simple and you have lots of options....BUT REMEMBER each time you change your fuel setup you will need to take it to the shop and get a reputable tuner to tune it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need 650hp? What if you for say, $800.00 less were able to get 600?? Just a thought

And lastly, The Market section is a great place to find deals...in addition to getting "plugged in" with the great folks on here....If they have something for sale they are more apt to ask a buddy if they want it, prior to listing it in the Market.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
personally the list i would recommend for your power level

Engine:
2.9L whipple
twin GT pumps
fore hat (or division x)
dual fpdm's and harness from lethal
63lbs injectors

Trans and Rear
ftbr irs upgrade or sra
26 spline input shaft trans
good clutch like a spec stage 3 plus
me personally would go with 3.73 rear gear

if you have the $$
custom blower cams
upgrades springs
long tubes
x-pipe
borla stinger mufflers

+1 that's pretty much how I'd do the fuel system. I'd probably go with 80lb injectors though. I'd spend good money on that for sure! Heck my fpdc was maxed with just a upper only, so I had to add a bap.

Colt .45

Established Member
Thanks for the link. *Great read.*
Also thanks for all the advice.*
After a lot more reading, I think I may settle for 600 and under. *It seems to fit my budget better. *It is still a respectable amount of hp IMO. *Taking it to the next level is just more than what I want to spend. *

Now, I am in search of a whipple 2.3.*
Well hopefully the OP checks back on his thread...

There are different ways to go about this OP..some may involve how deep your pockets are, or, if your going to do the work yourself....the price of any specific part is usually 1/3 of the total cost once you pay a shop to install it...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

Have you read this thread? Its pretty simple and you have lots of options....BUT REMEMBER each time you change your fuel setup you will need to take it to the shop and get a reputable tuner to tune it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need 650hp? What if you for say, $800.00 less were able to get 600?? Just a thought

And lastly, The Market section is a great place to find deals...in addition to getting "plugged in" with the great folks on here....If they have something for sale they are more apt to ask a buddy if they want it, prior to listing it in the Market.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Been doing a lot of reading and I can't seem to find a complete list of mods/supporting mods for my goals. I would love 600-650 rwhp.

This is basically what I have read. Anything else I need?

Whipple 2.3
BAP
SCT BA2600 or BA3000 (which one?)
60lb injectors
offroad x
catback (already have bassani)
JLT high boost intake (replacing a steeda cai)
tune (local tuner uses Autologic chips, is that ok or should I get a handheld tuner?)

Thanks.

My combo makes 657/621
VMP TVS 2.3 @ 19-20 lbs
Ford GT pumps w/BAP
60lb injectors
Two -6 lines
VMP 100mm slot style MAF
VMP custom tune
MAC LTs, OR x MF CB

Users who are viewing this thread