Shopping list for 600-650rwhp?

Colt .45

Established Member
Been doing a lot of reading and I can't seem to find a complete list of mods/supporting mods for my goals. I would love 600-650 rwhp.

This is basically what I have read. Anything else I need?

Whipple 2.3
BAP
SCT BA2600 or BA3000 (which one?)
60lb injectors
offroad x
catback (already have bassani)
JLT high boost intake (replacing a steeda cai)
tune (local tuner uses Autologic chips, is that ok or should I get a handheld tuner?)

Thanks.

j-tan

Established Member
I think you for 600-650 you would need to upgrade your pumps. From what I've been told by my tuner is that the stock pumps with a bap will run out of steam around 550-560 rwhp.

zeusha

Established Member
I think you for 600-650 you would need to upgrade your pumps. From what I've been told by my tuner is that the stock pumps with a bap will run out of steam around 550-560 rwhp.
Good call +1 Pumps. Wouldn't hurt to do WHOLE fuel system to stave off detonation.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
That sounds about right for power ...but don't forget about clutch,rear bushing kit&subframe. Conectors. Or you will tare your shit up!

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
Actually I think you are good with the stock pumps and a BAP for the target HP you mentioned. That's what I'm running and haven't had any problems. Definately a good tune is the trick and make sure you install a Wideband so you can keep an eye on your A/F.

Colt .45

Established Member
Actually I think you are good with the stock pumps and a BAP for the target HP you mentioned. That's what I'm running and haven't had any problems. Definately a good tune is the trick and make sure you install a Wideband so you can keep an eye on your A/F.

Is the tuned chip sufficient? Or would I be better off with the hand held programmer? The tuner (Houston performance) charges $500 for the chip and tune and $670ish for the hand held tuner and tune.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Like I said a boost a pump will work at that level but you can't have two much fuel so ford GT pumps would be a better option &have room to grow!

mach1033

Established Member
Your current fuel upgrades with bap will work with a 2.3 and 17lbs of boost just fine. Sct ba-2800 is fine to. Pay the 670 for tune and handheld that is a great combo price. Your exhaust upgrade is fine to. Now if plan to hit 650 then a complete fuel system upgrade is in order. Your 60's are fine but you will have to get gt pumps and have it modified to fit your stock hat. Or you will need a fore hat. Then you will need a modified fpdm or better yet 2 fpdm. Or your other option is the budget return from lethal. You will need a single blade throttle body. You will have to boost the whipple to 21lbs of boost and then throw some torco in the mix. After that you will start a new thread as to what do I need to get all this power to the ground lol.

Last edited:

stal94gt

Established Member
your going to have to pulley the 2.3 down to hit 600 hp

my budget build is

whipple 2.9l (stock 3.5 pulley)
60# injecters
sct ba3000 maf
filter
dual ford gt pumps
modified fpdm
bap

my sig is old but during the winter with a o/r x pipe installed i made 648 rwhp @ 581 tq sae

Baby J

Established Member
the above post by mach1 is right on. if you could get a boost a spark that would be the best way to go as thats what i have. you need to do some suspension and drive train work too though or all your likely to do is hop around the parking lot. 650 is my goal as well i have almost all the supporting stuff, thinking about doing long tubes and couple other things first so i can get max power out of the blower i do put on it.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member

X2 my FP Duty cycle is only 80 percent at the power level in my sig

Ukfox89

Established Member
im running the dual gt pumps with dual fpdms and looking for a whipple. i was planning ona ported eaton, but its only a little more and id rather have a twin screw. can you have to big of a mass air?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't have a good clutch to hold that power, I have one for sale in my sig!

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I have the same goals of 650. But heres my list

whipple 2.9/KB 2.8
Comp 3 cams
Kooks LT's 3" X w/ Bassani 3" CB
KB BAP
63# Inj
Lethal Fuel line/rail upgrade
JLT HB with BF SBTB

I all ready have the rest of the supporting mods, RPM Level V. SPEC 3+. 26 spline intput, CF DS, Built IRS, AEM boost/WB...etc

Users who are viewing this thread