Shopping for a GT350 - What to look for?

TigerGT500

Established Member
Hey guys... I am looking into the used GT350 market. Long story short, I had a 2011 GT500 SVTPP that I totaled a few weeks ago. Freak accident, nothing major. Fresh rain, I was being cautious, downshifted, rpms jumped, wheels spun, and that was all she wrote. Negotiating with the insurance on value of the vehicle now but that's a different discussion.

I would love a new GT500 but the price is just too high while I've got small kids at home. So used market it is. What do I need to look for in the 17/18 range GT350s? I cannot get an R due to the aforementioned small kids who love to ride in the back seat.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Really no difference options wise between 17 and 18 except exterior colors. Make sure to check the Carfax and pull an oasis report, this should show possible oil consumption issues or motor replacement. I have an 18R and find it way more enjoyable to drive then my previous 14gt500. I also have young kids but was fortunate enough to purchase the R rear seat kit from Ford before they discontinued them.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" Make sure to check the Carfax and pull an oasis report, this should show possible oil consumption issues or motor replacement. "

96gt02

Established Member
also looking to purchase one in the near future myself and would like to know the ins and outs as well, I hear the 19+ seem to really be the way to go if possible?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
also looking to purchase one in the near future myself and would like to know the ins and outs as well, I hear the 19+ seem to really be the way to go if possible?

The 19's and 20's got some upgrades because of the gt500. As far as reliability ive seen motor failures on the 19' and 20's. Personally id buy new to make sure a proper break in is done

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
what color and options ?

upload_2020-6-17_9-23-29.png

96gt02

Established Member
I have a new 2020 that will be here in a couple of weeks that I'll sell you at invoice.
hey random question is ford offering any special financing on either 19 or 20 new GT350s or was that just last month only?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hey random question is ford offering any special financing on either 19 or 20 new GT350s or was that just last month only?
No. Ford hasn't ever offered special financing on them

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

96gt02

Established Member
ok thanks, could have sworn i got an email about shelbys getting special financing options like a month or two ago but i wasnt considering one at that time so never looked into it lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ok thanks, could have sworn i got an email about shelbys getting special financing options like a month or two ago but i wasnt considering one at that time so never looked into it lol

Nope. They don't need to do that to sell them.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

They were doing 0% for 84 on Shelby modified vehicles, Super Snake Mustang + F150's. The gt500+350 are Shelby by name only and technically fall under Ford Performance vehicles which never have special financing, the Raptor also falls under this category

96gt02

Established Member
ah yeah that was it, like I said i didnt really even read into it lol probably just read the headline

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
Also should look at 2016's. Can get low mileage ones (under 10k miles) for about $43k. The oil consumption issue is overblown. The actual numbers are low. Also, the engine replacement numbers are inflated becausec Ford has decided to replace the engines with issues instead of repairing them. If you want to open track your 2016 and it desn't have the track pack, you'll need to have the coolers added fore about $1k.

Bronson 006

No more after 2020 like this car... They are beasts if you can find one.. Got this 2018 last November 2019.... 37 kilometers no issues no oil issues no piston slap..Ect.. Ect.!! followed supplement guide. Don't wait to long.. Common sense checking. And enjoy!!
6f5cf4a44f28d63c271870b4368fdc1f.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread