Shooting my .338 Lapua (Savage 110 FCP Precision)

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Here is a video I made of it, first time out, just starting really at 400 and 430 yards. I really like this gun, it was very fun to shoot. With more practice I am hoping to get to 1,000 yards soon.

[YOUTUBE_browser]vY74I4sorOM[/YOUTUBE_browser]

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
That's one hell of a sweet rifle.

I have a Remington 700, 7mm magnum. I've been looking for a 10 round magazine for years and can't find anyone who manufactures or sells them.

I wouldn't take it out shooting now regardless, I can't find ammo for it and I don't want to burn up any of the 400 rounds I have just in case.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
How much is ammo for that? I've heard the 50. Cal is cheaper to shoot.

338LM_5dollarbills.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great shooting and an awesome rifle. I love the sound feedback when you hit the metal target. Time to make you a sniper! :)

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Yeah, if you choose a .338 Lapua, you have to be able to reload. I use Ammoseek.com, and Cabela's has some good rounds with a 250 gr Sierra Matchking bullet for $3.50 per round. I got 200 factory loads, then I will reload from there. After reloading it will be $1.50 per round. Actually the only thing I have had trouble finding is the large magnum rifle primers.

mr2cam

Established Member
Very nice, my friend has a .338 winmag, it was the first rifle (besides a .22) that I shot, loved every bit of it!

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Very nice, my friend has a .338 winmag, it was the first rifle (besides a .22) that I shot, loved every bit of it!

Yeah, I was actually looking into a 300 Win Mag with this rifle, but no one had it. So I went with the 338 Lapua. Truthfully if anyone would of had one locally, I would have gone with the 300 Win Mag. Cheaper to shoot, and Big 5 and even Walmart has the 300 Win Mag in stock.

But, just like with the mustang, I know when I get into something, it always escalates, so I figured I would get a gun that I can "grow into". I suspect that I won't ever surpass the ability of this gun, so I will never be looking for another rifle.

mr2cam

Established Member
Yeah, I was actually looking into a 300 Win Mag with this rifle, but no one had it. So I went with the 338 Lapua. Truthfully if anyone would of had one locally, I would have gone with the 300 Win Mag. Cheaper to shoot, and Big 5 and even Walmart has the 300 Win Mag in stock.

But, just like with the mustang, I know when I get into something, it always escalates, so I figured I would get a gun that I can "grow into". I suspect that I won't ever surpass the ability of this gun, so I will never be looking for another rifle.

Ya a 338 isn't a easy round to find :)

Users who are viewing this thread