Shooting for yet another TVS car in the 9's

KC_SVT

Established Member
Well this winter I decided to go more "racecar" with my car in hopes to break into the 9 second range. About halfway through the build I figured I would share an update (inspired by reading Evo2SVT's build post). Didn't want to cut the car up a whole lot and wanted to keep it streetable. Basic rundown on the car, stock(ish) long block, stock heads, stock cams. TVS on 22lbs, e85. 700/633 through the t56.

Switching over to a SRA. 8.8 with 9" ends, 3.73, 33 spline and a spool. Weldling tq boxes, etc.
Going auto, built 4R70W with FB MVB, and circle D converter.
Relocated battery to trunk.
Decided to go with a trunk mounted intercooler tank. Chisled tank and also added Cobra Engineering's intercooler pass through adaptor.
Full UPR suspesion, tubular K, ARB, strange 10-ways, coil overs.
Your average weight savings... Rear seat delete, switched to Corbeau TRS seats. deleted swaybars, AC deleted (never used it). Added a MM 6pt bar. Couldnt quite pull the trigger to cut into the dash for the 10pt just yet.
Planning on doing something different with my intake setup. Currently have a JLT HB, trying to figure out a way to get a true 5" intake RAI style as the HB necks down before the gt500 tb. Going to be putting it on the dyno after the auto swap to squeeze any more power out that might have been left on the table.

Waiting on the rearend and auto at the moment. Front suspension and K member is complete. MM bar is powdercoated and in. Battery and trunk tank is complete. Just fired it up yesterday for the first time in over a month :rockon:

I plan on running the terminator shootout next year, always have a good time at BG. Might do some true street events as well. Can't wait till spring! Will post some pictures this evening

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
You absolutely have the right combo to run deep in the 9s with the VMP TVS.
On mine I run 21.5lbs on e85, stock motor, T56, Slick and skinnies, solid rear and tubular K.
My best time so far is 9.7@143 making 733/682.
Best of luck!!

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
In for track results...Try and make NMRA at MIR, Im to 9's with the TVS aswell. Looks like a solid build you have

KC_SVT

Established Member
thanks guys! I'm definitely excited for spring!

Heres a few pics...

Cage powder coated and bolted in
IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

Chiseled trunk tank and battery relocated
IMG_4682.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg

Cobra engineering intercooler pass through adaptor (thanks to 03blktermi for help with the instal)
IMG_4337.jpg

Remote catch can setup
IMG_4600-1.jpg
IMG_4601.jpg
IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4629.jpg

Nations alt with external regulator
IMG_4690.jpg

UPR K member, strange 10 ways and coil overs
IMG_4691.jpg
IMG_4693.jpg

These wheels should look OK..
IMG_4338.jpg
[/URL
IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg
IMG_4650.jpg

Debating on setting it up with a 100 shot, but probably going to run it on blower only for a while. Maybe spray it before BG..

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
If your wheels end up on another DSG, I don't know how they got there..... :beer:
Really love the engine bay mods. Looks so open without the battery.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! Seriously well thought-out. well implemented build. I think you're going to have quite a 2015 at the track. So keep us posted. Need to see videos, too! :thumbsup: :burnout:

KC_SVT

Established Member
If your wheels end up on another DSG, I don't know how they got there..... :beer:
Really love the engine bay mods. Looks so open without the battery.

haha i love those wheels!

Thanks guys! Hopefully the rearend is done soon so I can take it for one more drive with the t56 before pulling it out.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
haha i love those wheels!

Thanks guys! Hopefully the rearend is done soon so I can take it for one more drive with the t56 before pulling it out.

I have to ask, what Kubota part did you put on your car??

KC_SVT

Established Member
Got the console cut up and the new shifter set in, really nice shifter relocation plate from Mid South Hotrods :beer:
IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4706.jpg
IMG_4705.jpg

Evo2SVT

Established Member
Nice build dude. You got or getting everything that is still on my to do list lol

Jcobra03

import reaper
Established Member
I don't have a 03 cobra but I had a lot of the same parts in my 97 cobra at 3680 lbs and went 9.40s at 145 on 23lbs. got the same shifter setup as well.

SVTXTC

Established Member
Keith very nice Cobra! I hope to see this at Gateway! I hope you'll be out with me this spring for midnight madness and test and tune days (hopefully you don't go down to Benton, IL instead?) Keep us posted!

KC_SVT

Established Member
^^^^ Love hearing those numbers! I would be absolutely thrilled to dip into the mid 9's! As long as I can keep tech off my back for only having a 6pt, a 10pt will be going in the car next year. Thanks for the good words guys, I'm stoked for spring!

KC_SVT

Established Member
Keith very nice Cobra! I hope to see this at Gateway! I hope you'll be out with me this spring for midnight madness and test and tune days (hopefully you don't go down to Benton, IL instead?) Keep us posted!

Ill be hitting gateway regularly, Hope to see you around!

Users who are viewing this thread