shooting for 650-700 hp..need help getting there..!!!!

venm4u97

Established Member
hey guys just need a little help on what I need to achieve my goal...I just need to know what to change on my current setup..thanks

just ordered .....MMR 4.75 Liter Stroker Mod 900SE

current mods..
vortech s trim with 3.1 pulley with fmic 2.5 inch piping
42lb injectors, 255 h/o fuel pump
pmas blow thru setup
mac pro chamber and catback
accufab throttle body
innovators west 10% overdrive pulley
this set up made around 380 on the dyno without the overdrive pulley with 7.75 psI on a really safe tune

I plan on gettin the heads ported during the motor install...also the seals are bad on the vortech head unit so Im debating if I should just get it rebuilt or should I upgrade to a T trim..

also Im not sure if my intercooler could handle much boost or hp...heres a pic

60409_433575193882_507633882_5203984_2150993_n.jpg

venm4u97

Established Member
I bought the that kit used so im not sure what the hp rating is...but judging by the size im sure its not much at all

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
higher compression like 10:1 would help, 2.87 pulley. methanol. Youve got some work ahead of you to make 700. I make 605 with my s trim

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
your are going to need a much bigger fuel system, also a transmission is going to be needed...and i doubt tat head unit is going to work unless you are talking about crank horsepower

venm4u97

Established Member
since the seals on the head unit are goin maybe I should just upgrade to the T trim?.....I know i need fuel...I just need to know what would be enough.....thinking leaving the 255 pump and adding a anderson big pump and fuel rails....now injectors..60's?..or 72's?....I know i need a tranny..but just doin one thing at a time....I only had two options when I ordered the shortblock...it was either 8:5 or 9:0....basically I just don't want to do things twice...like with buying different injectors or just rebuilding the head unit and then regretting not upgrading to somethin bigger.....thanks for your help and input guys

JP_Stang

Established Member
I would go with atleast a T-trim head unit, maybe a YSI if it is in your budget. What kind of intercooler do you have? I would also think about upgrading to 3" intercooler piping. I personally would go with 80's on the injectors. With the fuel system I would look into either sumping the tank and going with one big fuel pump or get a dual or triple hat and run 2-3 255lph pumps, -8 feed line, bigger rails, FPR and a -6 return line if you have a return system. If it is the 97 Cobra in your sig, then that fuel system should be sufficient. If you are going to do head work I would go with either stage 2 or 3 blower cams or custom grinds. You are probably going to want some long tubes to flow all that air. You already know you will need to upgrade your tranny.

It is alot of work and money to get those kind of numbers, but if you have the money it is very possible to do. There will also be other little upgrades you need to make like a slot style MAF, gauges for monitoring everything, look into a meth kit or look into running E85, etc. etc.

02blownGT

Established Member
Bigger blower or alot more compression.Complete fuel system upgrade(return style imo).heads&cams,intake manifold.And i would be thinking E85 if i could get it.700 is hard to hit on pump gas with no N20.Also Longtubes are needed imo for that kind of power.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
run 3.5" piping on the Blow through inlet side and 3" on the drivers side... You ain't gonna make 700RW with 2.5", your MAF will be seriously Pegged!! And your goals are just out of range with that blower, you should be more than happy with 600RW, 700 is asking quite a lot!

Last edited:

venm4u97

Established Member
run 3.5" piping on the Blow through inlet side and 3" on the drivers side... You ain't gonna make 700RW with 2.5", your MAF will be seriously Pegged!! And your goals are just out of range with that blower, you should be more than happy with 600RW, 700 is asking quite a lot!

yea honestly I prolly would be happy with 600rw.....could i get there with a T trim?.....how do u like that godspeed intercooler?...Im gonna have to change mine out for sure...thanks for your help

venm4u97

Established Member
I would go with atleast a T-trim head unit, maybe a YSI if it is in your budget. What kind of intercooler do you have? I would also think about upgrading to 3" intercooler piping. I personally would go with 80's on the injectors. With the fuel system I would look into either sumping the tank and going with one big fuel pump or get a dual or triple hat and run 2-3 255lph pumps, -8 feed line, bigger rails, FPR and a -6 return line if you have a return system. If it is the 97 Cobra in your sig, then that fuel system should be sufficient. If you are going to do head work I would go with either stage 2 or 3 blower cams or custom grinds. You are probably going to want some long tubes to flow all that air. You already know you will need to upgrade your tranny.

It is alot of work and money to get those kind of numbers, but if you have the money it is very possible to do. There will also be other little upgrades you need to make like a slot style MAF, gauges for monitoring everything, look into a meth kit or look into running E85, etc. etc.

yeaaa im thinking on at least gettin the T trim since i have to rebuild the head unit anyways.....for fuel pumps...would a 255 and a anderson big pump work?...along with fuel rails?....Are cams somethin that I have to get?....price wise those things are crazy expensive when all said and done..its about 2 g's...with springs and retainers to...I have gauges hooked up..just didnt list them....slot style MAF? this is what i have

For Sale PMAS Mass Air Meters On Sale *Free Shipping* ProTube - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

JP_Stang

Established Member
That Pro Tube MAF might get you there. I will let you know if it gets to 600whp atleast. I have one and I am shooting for 600 to the wheels. If you aim at 600, I don't think you will need cams. I have stock B heads and cams in mine. Of course I don't know if I will hit that mark, but that is what I am aiming for. There is just alot that has to happen when your talking about 700whp. Believe or not, it is a big jump from 600whp to 700whp. The T-trim will definitely get you to 600. I don't know anything about the Anderson big pump so I can't really help you too much with that particular piece.

The slot style MAF's have a whole lot more range than any other MAF right now. If you were going for 700whp I would say to get one. The 05 and up mustangs have them. SCT and HPX both make them for our cars, and the pig tail harness to make it work. But, I would give your MAF a shot and see what happens. Just make sure to do your best to get that intercooler piping as "straight shot" as possible. The less bends, the less turbulence.

600whp is more likely number for you to achieve without dropping another $10K in your car.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
If your gonna send the blower to Vortech for service have them do the new Si trim impeller upgrade, it made significant increases in boost throughout the rpm band in testing. I'm very happy with my intercooler, If I have any boost loss it's very minimal, car makes 15psi with a 3.1/stock crank damper combo!

cobracrazee

Established Member
Vortech

Vortech charges $800, to replace your s trim wheel to an si
It is suppose to run more efficient, they also change your seals
And bearings. You can also find a T-trim head unit for 1,200
or 1,500.
Had them both on my Z06 on a 417 cube. The t trim spooled
much faster at lower rps but soon as the YSI kicks in it just
keeps pulling like a turbo. I gained 110 rwhp going to YSI
all I had to do, was bigger injectors and tune

Last edited:

venm4u97

Established Member
thank you guys for all your help...so this is what my plan is...leave comments and suggestions if you have any

upgrade my s trim to a T trim..... and purchase the following

1) 72 OR 80 LB injectors
2) anderson big pump and fuel rails
3) godspeed intercooler and swap to 3 inch piping
4) get the b heads ported...and maybe cams if i can dish out the coin
5) already have these items but run the 3.1 pulley with the 10 % overdrive pulley
6) headers.....do i have to get long tubes though?...just wondering

ysi sounds nice but i have so much other stuff to get i just wouldnt be able to swing it...plus my car isnt ready for that....i need to start somewhere with this fresh motor and its gonna have to start with the T trim

thoughts on this set up and ideas?....thanks guys

venm4u97

Established Member
i called vortech and they said 1100 to do the t trim upgrade..which includes bearings seals volute and the guts etc

that impeller isnt as good as the si trim ?

JP_Stang

Established Member
I personally would go with the T-trim. I have heard that 80's have come along way as far as adjustability goes. 60's will easily get you to 600whp if you just wanted to that, but the 80's may give you the room to go bigger or E85 if you decide to.

Read up on porting B-heads. There are certain things to do when porting that will get you results. It is something like porting the valve seats to a certain percentage of the valve size. You can find out some info on it here if you search for it. Check the SN95 Cobra section also for this.

I would recommend investing in the long tubes. You will be moving quite a bit of air now!

Everything else looks pretty good man! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread