Shooting a 370Z tomorrow

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn you guys are nissan haters like crazy. The body isn't perfect, but it's growing on me. It's hard to argue with 35 more hp, 200 less pounds, a smaller body overall, lightweight Rays wheels, and automatic rev matching on a manual transmission. I'd love to have one with the track pack. Pretty sure it would beat a '10 GT in every contest.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
That picture is a photochop of a 350Z.

Actual 370Z:

06_2009_370z_press.jpg

The front end has grown on me. I still don't like the rear though....

04svtterm

Established Member
Damn you guys are nissan haters like crazy. The body isn't perfect, but it's growing on me. It's hard to argue with 35 more hp, 200 less pounds, a smaller body overall, lightweight Rays wheels, and automatic rev matching on a manual transmission. I'd love to have one with the track pack. Pretty sure it would beat a '10 GT in every contest.

lol ya..lot of nissan haters. i woudlnt consider my self a fan, but i apperiate a well made car. the numbers look good on the car...and it actually looks kinda cool. Now i am just curious what the pricing is like? if it starts in the high 20's like the older Zs did...then this car will sell pretty well IMO

Jroc

Established Member

Actually I read where they really didn't lose much and may have actually gained a little weight.
The net weight reduction, according to Nissan, is around 88 pounds, depending on trim, although our scales indicate the 370Z with the optional Sport Package (viscous limited-slip differential, 19-inch forged Rays wheels, Bridgestone tires, Akebono brakes, SynchroRev Match, front and rear spoilers, 0.29 Cd) weighs 12 pounds more than the Nismo 350Z. That said, our tester does represent enhanced equipment, i.e., larger (and heavier) tires and brakes, not to mention the more powerful 3.7-liter V-6, which, according to Z project manager Peter Bedrosian, "packs an additional 42 pounds compared with the 3.5-liter."
2009 Nissan 370Z - Weight Reduction Measures and Other Details - First Test - Motor Trend

The car is ugly and it may have a hard time out performing the 11 Mustang GT if it gets its HP boost like has been being talked about. Hell the base price on a 370Z is about what a load GT costs. I'm pretty sure a 370Z can get well over $35,000.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
My 08 G37S has that motor in it (and weighs a good bit more than the 370Z will). Coming from a Lightning and having a 08 2500HD Duramax for a daily driver it's certainly lacking in the tq department but it is much faster than I expected. Once you get it up in the r's a little bit it really does come alive. I can only imagine it in a much smaller and lighter car (370Z vs G37S)...

The motor is actually pretty flexible and has a better sound than the 3.5's did (I've driven a few G35 loaners while mine was in for service). Going back to back in a similar car equipped with each the 3.7 definately comes across as a substantial improvement.....

Now if I only had 18k for a good twin turbo setup and no concern for warranty I could solve that little tq problem....;)

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
The car is ugly and it may have a hard time out performing the 11 Mustang GT if it gets its HP boost like has been being talked about. Hell the base price on a 370Z is about what a load GT costs. I'm pretty sure a 370Z can get well over $35,000.
The car might be ugly but why are you comparing it to a Mustang that isn't coming out for 2 more years?

Ford might not exist in 2 years at all.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
^^ Seriously, comparing it to a 2011 Mustang is a bit of a stretch. Ford also said there would be a bigger engine in the F150, but it sure isn't in there in the '09 model. As much as I like Mustangs, I think Ford is going in the wrong direction making their cars bigger and heavier with no power improvement. I'd definitely take this '09 Z over a '10 Mustang GT.

Besides, R&T says the Z has equal or better handling numbers than a Cayman S, which is a helluva car to compete with for $35k.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Actually I read where they really didn't lose much and may have actually gained a little weight.

2009 Nissan 370Z - Weight Reduction Measures and Other Details - First Test - Motor Trend

i dont think you could get a 350Z out the door for under $35 anyways, why people base its performance against cars like a Mustang GT which is priced under $30k is beyond me. Apples to Oranges, all the time.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
Does it look like they took a G35 and the old 350z and just kind of mashed them together and said "We're finished!" to anyone else?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Does taking the picture void the warranty?

lmfao! :lol:

"More sportier"?? Who is writing these adds?

lol. they probably figure that america is so dumbed down now that most wouldnt even notice. :read:

i like some of nissan's stuff. i love the G35 and the 350z was great too. the g37 doesnt look AS good to me but it still looks good. that 370z is hideous though. i thought that pic up there was photoshopped because the headlights look like someone used the blur tool. the whole front end is full of fail. :nonono: who cares about numbers when youre driving around in a failmobile.
"sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but i wouldnt know cuz i wouldnt eat the filthy muther****er" :xpl:

JohnFrancis

Ricks real name.
Established Member
So do you get a stunt driver too?

The writer for the mag did the driving, nothing too crazy, just a few quick sprints but the rear tires were actually quite worn when he got the car so he was careful not to go off the road. We were using the Red Rock canyon just outside of Las Vegas, the road is one way and quite narrow so he was careful with it. (I simply adjusted the shutter speed to give the illusion of more speed from the car).

I'd love to get a few of the pics up but legally i can't release them, (at least not until the article is published).

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
The car might be ugly but why are you comparing it to a Mustang that isn't coming out for 2 more years?

Ford might not exist in 2 years at all.

Don't fool yourself Ford will still be around, as will GM and Chryster. Even if they file for bankrupsy the big three are not going to just disappear. I wouldn't be surprised if they were under new ownership/management but they will still be companies selling new vehicles. If your an American and you have some boner about any of the American auto manufacturers financial situation then you are an idiot.

If the 2011 Mustang GT is 2 years away then the 2010 Mustang is a year away so why are we comparing it to that one?

Also you admit its ugly so why would you want it? Do you just want an ugly car?

Last edited:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I think that car would look pretty damn good black, with some black rims with a polished deep dish lip in the rear, and polished shallow lip up front.

I am amazed at the power they get out of a NA 6 cylinder now.

Users who are viewing this thread