Shipping Vehicle Help

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
I need to ship a vehicle fro IL to CA. Car rolls, but does not run. Anyone have a hook-up? No absolute rush, but would like to have it done by next week. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
I was trying to find someone to ship my cobra but it wasnt running. I was told by a few places that it had to be running to ship. Which didnt make sense to me.

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
It makes it a bit more expensive, but not impossible. Ive gotten a few quotes, but I was hoping one of my SVTP brothers had some info for me.

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
Around 900-1200 depending on a few things. Enclosed trailer, oversized, etc.. Im not locked in to anyone yet, but Im ready to ship if someone gets me a good deal.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I was trying to find someone to ship my cobra but it wasnt running. I was told by a few places that it had to be running to ship. Which didnt make sense to me.

I was told the reason why is because at some inspection stations, all the cars have to be unloaded. They then let K-9s go over to check for hidden drugs. When I shipped mine almost 7 years ago, yes its been that long but it does not seem like it, the shipping company told me the car would probably be off loaded a few time between Spokane WA and WV for inspections.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that makes sense. I was wondering myself why a non-running vehicle would be more expensive to ship.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I was told the reason why is because at some inspection stations, all the cars have to be unloaded. They then let K-9s go over to check for hidden drugs. When I shipped mine almost 7 years ago, yes its been that long but it does not seem like it, the shipping company told me the car would probably be off loaded a few time between Spokane WA and WV for inspections.

All you do is hire an illegal to drive the drugs for you, in his car!!!

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member

That is completly false. If someone told me or my drivers to unload at an inspection station it would not be pretty. I have been told once and i refused. Told him he was welcome to climb up and see anything he needed but i wasn't taking 4 hours to unload and reload to please him.

How could it NOT be more expensive to ship a car that doesn't run? Unless your buying the entire truck, there is other people's cars that need to be put on and taken off in between you and the destination.

Most will take in-ops for more money. 900 to 1200 is a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread