Shipping Ripoffs

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I’m sure this topic has come up. To make a long story short. I have a 2018 Explorer Platinum I decided to add Ford OEM side steps to. The MSRP from Ford is $495.00
I checked various Ford vendors to find on average, 10% off plus $50 shipping. Tasca Ford has the best price at $391.00 plus shipping. I decided to buy only to find the shipping was a whopping $157 at checkout. Hold on Nellie!
I called them out about it only to find out the rep states there is an extra handling charge by UPS. Really?
I requested them to ship using my shipper number since the shipping charge calculated out at $57 residential delivery ( $48.00 Business). The answer from Tasca.... No, we can’t do that. We must ship the same for everyone.
Screw your clients by giving a great discount on the product and charge an outlandish shipping charge Tasca.

No Thanks.Buying local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJackson515

Established Member
Being a seasoned online seller. I can almost guarantee the shipping is where they are making their money. $50-$60 sounds about right for that sort of item for shipping. With selling online merchants are usually looking at a 30% gross profit (give or take a few points), depending the sort of bulk buying they do. Theyre just moving their profit to the shipping, so the initial price looks super attractive to get people in the door.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
I hear ya. I'm 15 miles from tasca. They don't allow pickup and shipping down the road is definitely overpriced.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I had some items in my cart at both White Bear Lake and Tasca. Until I saw shipping, lol!

But, I have purchased a few items from White Bear when the shipping was reasonable. Depends on the part.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Will places like Tasca allow you to use your own shipping acct, ups, fedex etc?

I tried that maneuver. I got a flat “no can do” from them. It was very clear to me Tasca wants to heavily profit on shipping charges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I quit tasca also when they sent me the wrong part. Never again.

There is a second related part to this story with Tasca related to wrong part. Tasca claims you must utilize your car VIN to confirm the part you are buying. Ironically, my VIN generated a part number for side steps costing $1805.00. The part number was the same except at the end AB ($495) versus A ($1805).
I could not get a picture or any information on the A version from Ford or why it was $1805. I thought electronic or gold plated ...lol.

Tasca gave some bull**** excuse that the AB is an accessory and the A was a factory order. WTF does that mean! If every dealer check shows $495 and Tasca shows $1805, it seems to me they need to fix an error. They did confirm I wanted the accessory...duh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
I hear ya. I'm 15 miles from tasca. They don't allow pickup and shipping down the road is definitely overpriced.

I ran into this myself when I lived in CT.

Their lot and car shows are incredibly impressive. Not sure why their parts dept policies suck so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread