shipping question

Fuxton

Established Member
I did when i bought it. I bought it in Florida and shipped it to New York. I used Passport Auto Transport. Its part of Fed-Ex. It was an enclosed trailer. They were very careful and it only took 2 days. Id use them again if i had to.

coild

Established Member
Whatever shipper you use, do NOT use DAS. (Dependable Auto Shippers)
The name is deceiving. I sold my Boss 351 to a gentleman in SC, and it sat out here in Calif for over 2 weeks before they shipped it. Then they said they could not get it into gear to put it on the truck. Yeah, right! Nearly took a whole month to arrive at its destination.
Just my two cents.

mustang_shelby

Established Member
coild said:
Whatever shipper you use, do NOT use DAS. (Dependable Auto Shippers)
The name is deceiving. I sold my Boss 351 to a gentleman in SC, and it sat out here in Calif for over 2 weeks before they shipped it. Then they said they could not get it into gear to put it on the truck. Yeah, right! Nearly took a whole month to arrive at its destination.
Just my two cents.
thx for the info i thought they are the best

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be very careful with who you select. Get reference checks and even do a Google search to check the reputation of the shipper's service. The buyer of my Cobra selected what he thought was a good shipper. I well remember when this clown (the shipper's driver) started to load my car on his flat-bed that he neglected to secure a cable. The car suddenly shifted right and ALMOST fell off the truck. My buyer almost crapped his pants. No damage done....but a lesson learned by my buyer. Imagine if the car had fallen off the truck and my buyer was stuck with the repair bill. Not something anyone would ever want to go through. So check the choices out as well as you can.

One thing you might consider is to contact shippers who regularly deal with high end classic cars. They tend to be more expensive, but they are used to handling cars with care, and they usually are very professional and trustworthy. JMO.

repsol

Established Member
definately check the local and national BBB site .
Check for how long in business,alot of them get
in trouble and then just change their name

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I got mine shipped from the dealership that i bought it from in Nebraska for about $650. I believe Intercity Van lines is very good. They do the Barret Jackson auction.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would HIGHLY recommend that you NEVER select a carrier based primarily on price. Reputation and quality of service HAVE to be number 1 IMO. I'd rather pay $800. using a carrier with a solid reputation and proven to take primo care of cars they transport, vs. $600. for someone spotty at best. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread