Shipping a truck half way across the country

96dreamer

Established Member
Anyone every done something like this? Came across a ccsb f250 in palm springs california that might be a good deal if I could get it to St.Louis cheap enough. Truck doesn't currently run and is lifted on 37's so its going to take up some space on what ever is hauling it.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Many years ago I shipped a project car from PRK to tn. It was shipped open trailer but had no problems. If there is a problem with tall tires get some stockers and throw them on. That's how they transport monster trucks.

lastcall190

Established Member
Shipped from NE to NJ a few years back. No issue. CCLB. Can't recall how much but could dig through my emails if you care.

-J

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
best answer would be to call around to different transport companies for quotes. Im sure almost all can do it, but may charge a bit more due to its size.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Fly in and drive it back. Shipping situation is usually some real nice white dude middle man talking to you and some real sketchy Russian or whatever picking up your car. I sold a car that was picked up once and these guys didn't show up for weeks and flaked on pick up times on 3 different occasions.

96dreamer

Established Member
I would fly in and drive it back but its a 6.0 that has a head pulled already from overheating. I am thinking if i can get the truck for under 6k after shipping i should be able to do alright.

96dreamer

Established Member
I got a quote from the guy lastcall190 recommended. With it being so large and the fact that is wasn't running the best he could find was $1600. While high that would have worked had the seller not been flaky. He originally said he had a clear title only to find out he had no title at all but a cali only transfer/power of attorney form that he never actually filled out after the auction he got it from. To much gamble for me so I walked.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a guy that will ship for $0.90 a mile, not sure what that works out to for you though.

96dreamer

Established Member
I have a guy that will ship for $0.90 a mile, not sure what that works out to for you though.
Its about 1750 depending on route from palm springs to st.louis. That works out to $1575 so essentially the same thing.

norcalcobra

Established Member
last Sept i shipped a 03 excursion with 35s and 4" lift. Got initial quotes to ship form SF CA to Maryland. 1500 to ship. Then then was told because it was over sized it would be 2500. Told them no, i would pick it up myself. Long story short, i held my ground eventually a Russian dude picked it up for 1500$ was delivered in 5 days. Not a dent or scratch on it.

Users who are viewing this thread