~Shine Seal Review~

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
04sleeper,
I purchased this master kit based on your review. I bought 20x9" Shelby Razors in chrome for my '07 Shelby GT500 and plan to apply ShineSeal prior to mounting the Nitto's.
My question is that the instructions that came with the kit make no mention of the Brite Shine Metal Polish, but you applied it first. The actual Brite Shine Metal Polish bottle instructs on the label, "To preserve shine, now apply ShineSeal Metal Sealer", but you applied the Bio Cleaner.
Per ShineSeal instructions on highly shiny polished surfaces:
1.) Bio Cleaner. (sounds right, cleaner first).
1a.) Per Metal Polish bottle, Metal Polish prior to Metal Sealer.
2.) Metal Sealer.
3.) Slick Finisher.

You cleaned them after you polshed them? Something doesn't jive. Help, please.
Yes, you use the cleaner AFTER the metal polish to remove all the residual polish off of the metal.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
What about little scuffs? Will the metal polish or finisher completely remove them and bring back the "bling"

For very fine scratches that won't come out with polish alone, just hit them with 2500 then 3000 grit sandpaper. Then polish with a 3" cone buffer on the end of a cordless drill (your better off with low torque and medium to high speed). If the scratches are small enough to go away with 2500 or finer sandpaper, you should be able to get away with "spot" repairs.

For oxidized, stained or heavier scratches, start with 1000 or 1500 (depending on how bad they are) and work your way to 3000. You'll have to do the entire lip if you do it this way, in order to keep the finish consistent. They'll come out like brand new if you take your time and progress through the sandpaper grades, then polish. If you have 3 piece wheels, taking them apart makes a complete re-polish job eleventy-million times easier.;-)

The left rim is before any polishing, but after heavy cleaning to prepare for polishing. On the right is a wheel I just finished up.

DSC_0053.jpg

Closer look at the oxidized and stained finish.

DSC_0054.jpg

And the finished lip

DSC_0055.jpg

The entire process took about an hour per rim and maybe another 15 minutes to very carefully take them apart. When my centers get back from Steve's I'll post up pics of the finished wheel and let you all know what it takes to get them back together. You'll also noticed that I coated the inner hoops in bed liner paint. This will keep the bare metal hoops from getting pitted and stained from brake dust and should give the assembled wheel really pop once its on the car since it'll make the centers and lips stand out more as the inner hoops just disappear into the rest of the undercarriage.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Steve, I still have one more wheel to finish up, I'll take pics of the entire process and post up a how to in your forum.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
i dont think so. i think you'd need to wet sand them with some ultra fine sandpaper first, then buff them out. polish and a towel alone doesnt usually do it.

and the sealer kit is to be used once the wheels are perfectly clean. it does not clean the wheel. just imagine spraying your wheels with some clear coat in a can, except it doesnt go on like that of course lol. its just a coating (albeit a complex one), its not cleaner or a repair kit.

i have specially sized/priced kits in stock ready to ship out if anyone would like one. just hit me up :beer:

PM me with info. Your box is full.

Is the "metal polish" not an actual polish to make the wheels shine? I understand that the kit is to keep them clean but I assumed polish is a polish and would assist is cleaning them up. Maybe I'm just confused. Anyways what ya got and what prices?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
This product is incredible! I did the entire process on my TF Sleepers and this is a service we are going to offer at our carwash for those who purchase True Forged wheels through us and those that have wheels that require a sealant like this
Steve, can you see about a bulk deal for a shop like mine?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I ordered tge $100 kit today for stuff underneath my hood. I will try and get back once I get this and get around to applying it.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Any long term reports? I'm getting ready to use this on my new CCWs, just wondering how long I can expect it to last on a daily driven vehicle?

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
One down, three to go. :)

I was a little concerned when the sealer dulled the shine just a bit (I may have put it on too thick), but then when I did the slick finisher it popped again. Now it's just a matter of how long the protection lasts.

100_0330.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Now it's just a matter of how long the protection lasts.

100_0330.jpg

I used his previous product, "Zoop Seal" many years ago on a couple of motorcycles. And both those bikes went to Bonneville and raced on the salt. When I got the bikes home they were washed and partially taken apart. And after three trips to Bonneville (and it's coating of wet salt) everything was still perfectly polished and looked like they had just been coated.

And from what I have heard Shine Seal is even better. I'm going to get another kit and do my polished Whipple.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I used his previous product, "Zoop Seal" many years ago on a couple of motorcycles. And both those bikes went to Bonneville and raced on the salt. When I got the bikes home they were washed and partially taken apart. And after three trips to Bonneville (and it's coating of wet salt) everything was still perfectly polished and looked like they had just been coated.

And from what I have heard Shine Seal is even better. I'm going to get another kit and do my polished Whipple.

That's good to hear. I'll be driving on these regularly (going to try to avoid the bad weather if I can, but they'll still see a lot of miles), so I'm hoping it'll keep me from having to polish them all the time. I don't mind taking a weekend every few months to redo them, but I don't want polishing to become my life :D

vmaxbaby

Established Member
Can someone scan the directions for the ShineSeal, my other half though it was trash laying around and threw it away :( now I don't have the steps to apply it.
Thanks,
Bill

forcefedcobra

Established Member
04sleeper polished his exhaust and did a write-up... I was curious if he coated it with this stuff.

I dont think he used this stuff on it. I think he might have used zoop seal on it in the past. I talked to him today and forgot to ask him. had been up all night 15+ hours at work. I'll ask him tomorrow and post back.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
FYI

If u get a kit and the slick finisher is NOT PURPLE, DO NOT USE IT!

Apparently the company used to mix the chemicals screwed up and bottled something other than the finisher. I found out the hard way today.

Users who are viewing this thread