Shifters

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Can you guys post some pictures of your aftermarket shifters in your cars?? Please specify what kind of shifter you have and how you like it. I just ordered a Pro 5.0 with the 5-speed 03 Cobra knob on it for my 92' LX. I think that I will like it and I have heard that the Pro 5.0 is one of the shortest shifters on the market. Thanks

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
03Cobra04GT said:
Can you guys post some pictures of your aftermarket shifters in your cars?? Please specify what kind of shifter you have and how you like it. I just ordered a Pro 5.0 with the 5-speed 03 Cobra knob on it for my 92' LX. I think that I will like it and I have heard that the Pro 5.0 is one of the shortest shifters on the market. Thanks

My MGW is amazing, shortest shift on the market, crisp, positive shifts. My friend that has a tri-ax described it as follows: "Going from Stock to a tri-ax, is similar to going from a tri-ax to an MGW (blue handle)" It's amazing.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Aerosi665 said:
My MGW is amazing, shortest shift on the market, crisp, positive shifts. My friend that has a tri-ax described it as follows: "Going from Stock to a tri-ax, is similar to going from a tri-ax to an MGW (blue handle)" It's amazing.
That is cool. I have heard nothing bad about the Pro 5.0 so I figured I would give it a try and see how it is. The biggest thing I am excited about is the 5-speed 03/04 Cobra knob. Post some pics of your shifter.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
My old tri-ax

100_0031.jpg

100_0761.jpg

100_0762.jpg

100_0763.jpg

Before we cleaned the old gasket off

100_0764.jpg

100_0765.jpg

100_0766.jpg

100_0767.jpg

The boot is twisted in these pictures, it's not anymore.
If anyone wants to know, I took out the shift stops all the way for this shifter.

Last edited:

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
stanger133......your car looks good. A lot of people are going from the Tri-Ax to the MGW. Where are all the Fox body guys at?? Post some pictures.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm just curious. Why are you asking for pictures? Are you wanting to view the shifter handle location?

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I'm just curious. Why are you asking for pictures? Are you wanting to view the shifter handle location?
Yea, I want to see how low the Pro 5.0 shifter that I ordered will sit in my car compared to other shifters.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
stanger how do you like that knob? is it weighted?

93LXHatch

Banned
03Cobra04GT said:
Yea, I want to see how low the Pro 5.0 shifter that I ordered will sit in my car compared to other shifters.

I have a Pro5.0 in mine and had a Tri-Ax before that and a Hurst in my 87 Fox. Im on leave in TN right now and my car is NC or I would post some pics. It stick up just far enough to grab the shifter and have enough room to shift. Its perfect and I LOVE IT!! You will like it too. Nice Choice.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
93LXHatch said:
I have a Pro5.0 in mine and had a Tri-Ax before that and a Hurst in my 87 Fox. Im on leave in TN right now and my car is NC or I would post some pics. It stick up just far enough to grab the shifter and have enough room to shift. Its perfect and I LOVE IT!! You will like it too. Nice Choice.
Ok cool. I think that I will like it a lot. I heard there is 2 different height settings so I am gonna drop it down to the lowest one and see how it feels. I want a REALLY low laying shifter.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
93LXHatch said:
You got one with the pro 5.0
My Pro 5.0 is suppost to show up today. I ordered it on Wednesday and I am waiting for it to arrive and then I have to put a new tranny in my car with the Pro 5.0.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03Cobra04GT said:
Thanks. I was just curious. By the way, if you like your Pro 5.0 but want a better location, you might be interested in this shifter handle plate that moves the handle choser to the driver. Here's the link on my website. I don't sell it. I only point you to the guy that makes it. You'll find pics there as well.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/ShifterHandleExtensionInstallation.htm

Users who are viewing this thread