shifter reverse lockout issues

draxxus131

Established Member
Has anyone been having problems with the reverse lockout with their stock or aftermarket shifter? I ask this due to issues I am currently having with my steeda shifter. Coming out of sixth in a stop, rolling it into 1st gear at idle, it LITERALLY slips right into reverse, as if the reverse lockout tab is not working whatsoever! This happened three times tonight. Also this vehicle does not get raced! I am not applying any pressure to the top of the shift knob, yet it slips right into reverse when placing it into 1st gear.

Has the reverse lockout tab broken or been an issue for anybody on this forum? Also at random moments 2nd gear acts as if it is snagging on the gates, all of this surfaced as of the past 3 nights for no reason.

Angry50

Established Member
sounds like your lock out tab is broken or the tab is below the block. you will need to pull open the console and look. one look will tell you the issue

draxxus131

Established Member
Is this an issue that others have reported? After sifting through all the threads dating back to 2011, I seem to be 1 of 5 on this website, I'm wondering out of curiosity if this issue surfaces frequently.

stang910

Established Member
I had the lighter spring in my steeda shifter and over time it got weak and wouldn't hold the shifter up high enough to allow the reverse lockout to work correctly. If this is your issue just replace the spring.

draxxus131

Established Member
Thank you both for the input and advice, I will definitely be cracking open, my center console and have a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread