Shifter Relocation Plate

Secesh

Established Member
I just installed the shifter plate from Jay at Mahem Motorsports. It moved the shifter handle back about 2 inches. Doesn't seem like much, but it really made a difference with the reach on my Tri-Ax.
I found it on CobraBob's website. -Tom

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Glad your happy with it.... :beer:

Simple yet effective mod that cure's a really annoying flaw in our car's.

Jay

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Thanks Scott....glad you liked it also.

Jay @ Mayhem

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I may have to put my old 5.0 handle on with this adapter. I feel that my MGW handle is just too long, and when I compared it to the 5.0 shifter, it was a good inch longer, even with the MGW at its lowest setting.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
mike79 said:
I may have to put my old 5.0 handle on with this adapter. I feel that my MGW handle is just too long, and when I compared it to the 5.0 shifter, it was a good inch longer, even with the MGW at its lowest setting.

I'll bring a few to the rental Mike...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, Jay's shifter handle plate works really well. Glad you found the info on my website. :)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
wow..ive never seen this....does it affect shifting at all? im so used to mine im scared to change it up....heavily debating that MGW shifter though...lemme know!

Secesh

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
wow..ive never seen this....does it affect shifting at all? im so used to mine im scared to change it up....heavily debating that MGW shifter though...lemme know!

Jake,

It doesn't affect shifting. I don't notice any difference at all. The handle just sits further back, and has the same angle.

Tom

03yellow

Established Member
ordered

Just put in an e-mail to order!!!

Ahhh..... inch by inch I move back,away, from my steering wheel. :pepper:

03yellow

Established Member
Shame on them, they forgot to put in a cobrabob gasket on the install picks of the plate.

CobraBob said:
Yep, Jay's shifter handle plate works really well. Glad you found the info on my website. :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I bought his plate too. But I installed it a little differently. I put the plate on the left side of the shifter and the handle on the left side of the plate. Now it's not only farther back, but closer too. I don't bang gears in this car, so it's held up very well and never had to be tightened. One small problem though...it rattles against the console somewhere anytime you're in 2nd, 4th, or 6th gears. I haven't looked to see what it's hitting. But it's a minor rattle and shouldn't take much to fix.

Secesh

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I bought his plate too. But I installed it a little differently. I put the plate on the left side of the shifter and the handle on the left side of the plate. Now it's not only farther back, but closer too. I don't bang gears in this car, so it's held up very well and never had to be tightened. One small problem though...it rattles against the console somewhere anytime you're in 2nd, 4th, or 6th gears. I haven't looked to see what it's hitting. But it's a minor rattle and shouldn't take much to fix.

That's how mine is installed as well. Helps a bit with the 5/6/R reach. I don't have any rattles. What shifter are you using?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Glad you guy's like it...it's one of the best thing's i have ever done to my car thus far.

Jay

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
was going to add that I just put this on my tri-ax shifter as well, wasnt sure 2 inches was much but it made a big difference I can actually shift with my back in the seat instead of leaning forward to reach 1st and 3rd.

good job!

oh and I dont bang my knucles on the radio any more lol :)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BuffDigits said:

i always change stations when shifting hard...lol...

i guess im ordering one Bob! how do i go about that?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
BADASS03SVT said:

Here's the link to my website for more info on Jay's plate. It's a cheap mod and well worth the money IMO if you have a Pro 5.0. Actually it makes the Pro 5.0 a better shifter than it already is.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/category7.htm

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
BuffDigits said:
was going to add that I just put this on my tri-ax shifter as well, wasnt sure 2 inches was much but it made a big difference I can actually shift with my back in the seat instead of leaning forward to reach 1st and 3rd.

good job!

Glad to hear you like it...

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:

Paypal is [email protected] if you would like to order that way...i'm shipping some out on Friday.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread