Shifter Experiences...

redline

Established Member
i did something different i bought the kr shifter and the revan bushing kit for the kr shifter . works great but the only problem is the shifter boot it covers the shifter handle. but it works great.

efroeh

Established Member
dumb question which option is it for the mgw shifter that works on our cars the m10 or m12? ALso will our factory shift ball work on the shaft?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Barton shifter here with the billet arm, works flawless. Had one on the Boss also and it worked great.

Manuel

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The solid front bushings and KR rear bushing take the factory shifter about as far as you can go and are a great improvement over stock. In concert with removing the rubber isolation bushing between the stick and the shifter stub you'll have a very direct acting shifter at minimal cost.

If you choose to go with an aftermarket unit, I highly recommend the second generation MGW GT500 shifter. George has implemented a completely different design than the factory unit that utilizes a unique fulcrum/pivot mechanism. He is the only one out there that has incorporated this into a GT500 shifter. After meeting the man himself, spending time at his manufacturing facility, and installing a GenII into my own car, I wouldn't recommend any other shifter.

railroad

Established Member
The solid front bushings and KR rear bushing take the factory shifter about as far as you can go and are a great improvement over stock. In concert with removing the rubber isolation bushing between the stick and the shifter stub you'll have a very direct acting shifter at minimal cost.

If you choose to go with an aftermarket unit, I highly recommend the second generation MGW GT500 shifter. George has implemented a completely different design than the factory unit that utilizes a unique fulcrum/pivot mechanism. He is the only one out there that has incorporated this into a GT500 shifter. After meeting the man himself, spending time at his manufacturing facility, and installing a GenII into my own car, I wouldn't recommend any other shifter.

Do you have to drop the trans to install the MGW Gen II ?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If by "drop" you mean removing the transmission crossmember and lowering the rear of the transmission down - I would say yes. You want as much room as possible and removing the crossmember is a pretty simple task.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
On its face, that's a fair assumption. I did as much each time I removed/replaced shifters on my own car. If you leave the driveshaft connected you limit how far the engine/transmission can tip too (the firewall limits it as well).

Users who are viewing this thread