She's tucked away for winter

skstang

Established Member
Well just two days after getting the chrome rims on, it's time to put her away for the winter. It's going to be a long 4-5 Months. I will really appreciate her in the spring though. Pulled it in with exactly 3700 miles. I couldnt bare not being able to see her all winter while covered up with a car cover so I baught this bubble. 16 foot fits real nice. Baught it in town for $350. Small price to pay for a $40,000 car.

skstang

Established Member
One more :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Where did you get that SVT banner hanging in your garage? Also are those the Chromies from Ford that we've all been waiting for?

Last edited:

SB 03

Established Member
i wont put mine away until first snow fall, its 60 some degrees today, must be at least that by you, have to enjoy her is much as I can, its a long winter:rollseyes

venams03

Established Member
Hey SK;

Venams here. That bubble looks great and so do the chromies.

I also need to get one of those SVT posters, where'd you get that??

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
lucky bastard :thumbsup: mine gets tucked away in my driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Did you get your RIMS from Ford under the replacement program?

The bubble is cool. Is that to keep it from getting bumped?

What keeps it inflated?

Are these real?

skstang

Established Member
Yes its nice here today, but I thought I was racking up allot of miles and its been a good summer of driving. I got the banner from Ebay. Some guy had from a SVT Lightning Show or something. I'm kind of proud of that. More rare than the car even. You could make one probably .
Those are the chromies from Ford. Got installed yesterday. Ordered them on Monday of this week. Do a search on Chrome wheels and you will see more info.
I reallly envy you Southern people. It's reallly hard to tuck it away for all this white shit falling from the sky.
The cover has a fan on the front that circulates the air to keep it fresh. I have a moisture pack inside the bubble to catch any moisure that may get in there. Just when out and looked at it again and I saw a Box Elder bug crawling on the hood. Lucky Bastard. Be a nice cozy winter for him.
As far as going nuts. Yea I may wake up in there some morning.
Wake me up in March :sleeping: :sleeping:

Last edited:

skstang

Established Member
I know I'm sick but look at that bastard going to check out the motor on this beast. Showing me no respect:cryying:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Wouldn't it be easier to heat and cool the garage like I do? Then you could continue to mod the car all winter. That is the only use for winter that I know of.

Dana

Snoker

Established Member
Don't know where skstang got his SVT banner, but I got mine from the SVT trailer at the WFC in St. Louis in May. Not sure exactly what I paid for it, but think something around $20.00 to $25.00. It looks great in my garage.

Hope that helps!

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
GO ON EBAY AND SEARCH FOR SVT BANNERS, THERES A BUNCH! I'D GET ONE BUT NO GARAGE FOR ME !!

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
That's pretty sweet... I'll be keeping mine in the garage all winter - but no cover (the closed garage will have to do)...

Besides, I don't think I could handle not being able to go out and sit in her once in awhile... or pop the hood to check her out...

...and of course there's bound to be a few sunny, dry days that I can take her out in this winter...

...but the bubble does look pretty cool! :)

03OneEyedSnake

Established Member
skstang, you might want to put your car up on jack stands because if your car sits until march, your tires will get flat spots!!:uh oh:

Brad

Banned
Dude, that bubble is nuts. If I walked into a garage and saw that, I would be at a loss for words. Cool idea, but real weird:D

donaisenbrey

Established Member
It must hurt, BIGTIME, each time you send a monthly payment for something............ sitting in a bag...........that you can't use. Not to mention the cost of the bag?????...........Don

Users who are viewing this thread