shelby vs viper

5.4 speedster

Banned
Nice build. F all of these other haters in here. I mean how bad can it be when it weighs less than a miata to start out with and then you can choose what engine, trans, and running gear to use? Yeah like that doesn't sound like something I'd want to build. The "kit cars" frames now are very sturdy more so than the originals. Also, do you know how mucg a shelby replica from Carrol Shelby goes for?? I'd rather build one my way and still have enough money left over to buy a new cobra. Love the intake setup by the way. What engine???

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
472 inch 460 with Edelbrock al. heads and a Crane hyd. roller cam. The intake is (4) 50mm weber style throttle bodies w/42lb. injectors. on a BlueThunder intake.

No dyno yet but conservative estimate is 550HP and 580 lb.ft. of torque. That should motivate this little 2150lb. car!:burnout:

Last edited:

Speedracer302r

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver10thAConv
472 inch 460 with Edelbrock al. heads and a Crane hyd. roller cam. The intake is (4) 50mm weber style throttle bodies w/42lb. injectors. on a BlueThunder intake.

No dyno yet but conservative estimate is 550HP and 580 lb.ft. of torque. That should motivate this little 2150lb. car!:burnout:

Holy smokes:bowdown: My dad's FFR has a built up 302 and its pretty darn quick. Your car is going to be a monster. Any idea what color you are going with? Also, the RK's look great.

Speedracer302r

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver10thAConv

Holy smokes:bowdown: My dad's FFR has a built up 302 and its pretty darn quick. Your car is going to be a monster. Any idea what color you are going with? Also, the RK's look great.

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
I haven't made a final decision on color yet....that's the hardest part of the build to me. I'm leaning towards silver but my 03 is silver and I want something different. I was surprised the RKs fit it so well. I think they look like they where made for it.

I have driven it a couple times before I changed over to the EFI setup and it will rip your head off...when the tires quit spinning. It's a little loud too. It scared my neighbor's grand-daughter when I got on it... and she was inside the house.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I've seen that video before, pretty quick car. Just tonight at the weekly car meet a guy had a replica there. It had a 5.0 gt motor with cobra fi intake. Not bad little cars if I had the money or lived where it is warmer. A 392 with a s/c and tko would be nice and streetable. :rockon: Good luck Silver10thAConv on your project.

sikwitit36

Banned
damn speedracer hit the post button once. NOT TWICE OR THREE TIMES. Youll get your posts up dont worry no need to post the same thing like 10 times in one thread.

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
I'm looking into a FFR roadster myself. I've already have the donor in the driveway. Their mkIII will fit a 4.6 under the hood. I'd like to drop a terminator mill in one, but that'll take me way over budget. I could just use the 5.0 in my notch which is brand new.

500rwhp + 2200lbs = FAST! Hell, even 250rwhp would put you around mid to low 12's

Users who are viewing this thread