Shelby to offer CS6 Package on GT's

stang22

Established Member
Ford performance from the gt-40's,cobra daytonas,ac cobras,shelby mustangs,and even working with Lutz to create the viper project for dodge(as Lutz wanted Carroll to be instrumental in help creating a modern day ac cobra),not too mention his numerous side projects,has done more for the furthering of the ford performance in racing,as well as dodge performance,than all the svt vehicles. He has been alot more than a tuner,he has been a successful race car driver,builder(ac cobras and numerous projects),high performance designer,engineer and consultant,not to mention,an incredible successful businessman and just overall, a very nice guy! His credentials even for being one man is unsurpassed in the high performanced market!! You say Shelby,and people listen,you say svt and many will say their ok! Svt are nice cars,but when it comes to hearing the Shelby name vs. the svt name,...Shelby will always win out,and he's a huge name amoung collectors,enthusiasts,and even by his peers!He is respected by people all over the world!!Svt hasn't ever made anything that too me, is half as cool and tough looking as only as some of his projects have been, that he has been instrumental in on developing,building and overseeing!No svt product will ever hold value at any major market,like alot of the shelby machines in the registry!Most svt products to me IMO,are mostly boring in design than any shelby mustangs! ;-) Heck even Ford and svt team themselves had to call him back to use his name on the retro stang,...to an incredible buzz,that no previous svt vehicle could do.Now the greedy dealers with their ridiculous mark-ups,is a completely different story! I would never pay over msrp for any vehicle,for they're too many dealers who will sell msrp,but it takes some shopping,even out of state sometimes!Carroll Shelby Rules in my book!! ;-)The best thing Ford could do right now is do downplay svt,and let Carroll and the shelby automotive engineers and designers, have full hands on performance building of the new retro '07 and on Shelby mustangs and other various projects(a Shelby GR-1 concept would be very cool)! You would have a tougher,lighter weight,cooler looking,faster,real Shelby influenced mustang that would be highly collectible and desired,and sell them through ford as their main go to guy and his company! Some don't like the recent side projects he let west coast customs make with body design,as they have a riced out look,but they are being built for as a seperate project, to a different crowd,as Carroll is a smart businessman. ;-) Anything Shelby has total hands on would be better in every way,than anything svt could ever do IMO,as well as the opinions of many throughout the world!

Last edited:

ZeroFear

Banned
that CS6 mustang is really stupid. You could buy a GT500 or Vette for the cost.

1. $20,000 V6 mustang

2. $15,797.00 CS6 Kit

4. Cost to have it shipped, prolly a pretty penny

4. around $6000 to have it all installed, maybe more.

when all is said and done, you have a $41,797 V6 mustang, that runs mid 13s with a good driver on a cold day. OOOO MAN I WANNA BUY 6 of them!

edit: though, i do think it looks pretty nice. but not nice enough for 41 grand.

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
ZeroFear said:
that CS6 mustang is really stupid. You could buy a GT500 or Vette for the cost.

1. $20,000 V6 mustang

2. $15,797.00 CS6 Kit

4. Cost to have it shipped, prolly a pretty penny

4. around $6000 to have it all installed, maybe more.

when all is said and done, you have a $41,797 V6 mustang, that runs mid 13s with a good driver on a cold day. OOOO MAN I WANNA BUY 6 of them!

edit: though, i do think it looks pretty nice. but not nice enough for 41 grand.
One good thing is.... maybe the line to get one isn't too long!

stang22

Established Member
1 BULLITT said:
:D

We have a winner! Give this man the two tickets to La La Land Sweepstakes! :p

:-D
Another intelligent remark by an 04 cobra owner! :loser:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
stang22 said:
Another intelligent remark by an 04 cobra owner! :loser:

Don't be such a dick, my Cobra will blow the doors off your old Shelby and any new Shelby that's coming out.

But it's not a "Shelby", right? :loser:

stang22

Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
Don't be such a dick, my Cobra will blow the doors off your old Shelby and any new Shelby that's coming out.
:loser:
And yet another one,..children everywhere! :poke: Hmmmm,...Not quite,...but nice try,..maybe when you get older,I'll explain it to you! :kaboom:

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
stang22 said:
And yet another one,..children everywhere! :poke: Hmmmm,...Not quite,...but nice try,..maybe when you get older,I'll explain it to you! :kaboom:

This "childs" Cobra will totally destroy your idol's car. Shelby this, Shelby that, i'm so sick of hearing about Shelby's "cars" it's starting to really piss me off. If he built them I might be easier on the guy, but for ****s sake all he did was slap his name on this thing.

You know, I know i'm young (21), but I really don' give 2 ****s about how great Shelby was in the 60's...the year is 2006. And i will gladly show every single Shelby I run into what kind of power twin turbo's make on a 4v engine.

On a side note, some 3 chicks in a v6 stang were gigglin and flirting with me at a redlight and they decided to gun it off the line....am I going to hell for going WOT and putting about 50+ cars on them by 100? lol

stang22

Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
This "childs" Cobra will totally destroy your idol's car. Shelby this, Shelby that, i'm so sick of hearing about Shelby's "cars" it's starting to really piss me off. If he built them I might be easier on the guy, but for ****s sake all he did was slap his name on this thing.

You know, I know i'm young (21), but I really don' give 2 ****s about how great Shelby was in the 60's...the year is 2006. And i will gladly show every single Shelby I run into what kind of power twin turbo's make on a 4v engine.
You sound like 12!!This is a shelby gt500 part of the forum,..if you don't like hearing anything about shelby,then take your POS on that part of the forum,..where you girls and children can cry to each other all day long! :poke: :kaboom:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
stang22 said:
You sound like 12!!This is a shelby gt500 part of the forum,..if you don't like hearing anything about shelby,then take your POS on that part of the forum,..where you girls and children can cry to each other all day long! :poke: :kaboom:

I have every right to voice my opinion as you do. Just because I don't care for the car, doesn't mean I should just leave. I'm naturally curious about it, but I still don't like it.

I sure wish I could race you once you get your Mustang GTWhale.

chuckstang

Established Member
You guys are all soooo retarded!
Comparing a twin turbo 4v with A STOCK gt500, of course the twin turbo 4v will win, but guess what, put twin turbos on the gt500 and you will be crying like a little bitch so shut the F*** up.
GROW UP!
GET OUT OF THE GT500 FORUM IF YOU REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT THIS NEW GT500 REGARDLESS OF WHO BUILT IT (which is SVT) IS THE FASTEST MUSTANG EVER MADE.

Alot of you 03/04 owners and just gt500 haters in general sound like a bunch of ricer asian kids.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
chuckstang said:
You guys are all soooo retarded!
Comparing a twin turbo 4v with A STOCK gt500, of course the twin turbo 4v will win, but guess what, put twin turbos on the gt500 and you will be crying like a little bitch so shut the F*** up.
GROW UP!
GET OUT OF THE GT500 FORUM IF YOU REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT THIS NEW GT500 REGARDLESS OF WHO BUILT IT (which is SVT) IS THE FASTEST MUSTANG EVER MADE.

Alot of you 03/04 owners and just gt500 haters in general sound like a bunch of ricer asian kids.

lmao.

Anyone else find the irony?

inVision

Established Member
chuckstang said:

I hate it when people stereotype races with cars :bash:

stang22

Established Member
...Well I guess too me it comes down to personal preferences and opinions,and everyone is allowed to have one! And I for one really like the new shelby gt500,and actually the whole new retro stang look on all the models,as proof of by their great sales of the new design! For me and alot of others,..they are some of the best mustangs I've seen since 1970 and earlier! Congratulations and Thank you Ford, Shelby, and svt for making the most powerful factory built mustang in history,...too make it look like the real mustangs I use to remember,and even have better performance than all of theml!!! :thumbsup:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
stang22 said:
...Well I guess too me it comes down to personal preferences and opinions,and everyone is allowed to have one! And I for one really like the new shelby gt500,and actually the whole new retro stang look on all the models,as proof of by their great sales of the new design! For me and alot of others,..they are some of the best mustangs I've seen since 1970 and earlier! Congratulations and Thank you Ford, Shelby, and svt for making the most powerful factory built mustang in history,...too make it look like the real mustangs I use to remember,and even have better performance than all of theml!!! :thumbsup:

OH well everyone has their opinion.

Mine still stands. I will enjoy swatting the new shelby's down like flies.

Milstang

Established Member
So...anyone heard any more about the GT add ons or if Shelby Autos will be making documented "tuner" cars from GT's?

Just trying to get the thread back on track.

:-D

Users who are viewing this thread