Shelby Run America!!!

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Shelby Run America (SRA) is a 12 day, 7000 mile bucket list trip that will take your car through every contiguous state in the US. YES, EVERY LOWER 48 STATE! Starting in Maine and finishing in Idaho 12 days later.

Can you say EPIC? Twenty five people will get lifetime bragging rights as the first (and maybe only) ones to do this. Like Shelby Run Europe in 2012 you will NOT want to miss this trip! Dont spend August kicking yourself for missing this one!

Day 1 - ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD & DC
Day 2 - WV, OH, KY, VA & TN
Day 3 - NC, SC, GA, AL & FL
Day 4 - MS, LA, TX & AR
Day 5 - OK, KS, MO, IL & IN
Day 6 - MI, WI, IA & MN
Day 7 - Rest Day and Oil Changes in Minneapolis, MN
Day 8 - ND & SD
Day 9 - NE, WY & CO
Day 10 - NM, AZ, UT & NV
Day 11 - CA & OR
Day 12 - WA, ID & MT

Here is the link for more information: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=aj8n6ejab&oeidk=a07e8qa3u0ofa4c05e2

Last edited:

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Sounds like fun, but $6000 for 12 days of food & lodging?!? No thanks.

U.M.

Cheap? No, but neither is a Vette, Shelby, Viper, etc. We could all save a ton of money driving Hyundai's but that's no fun. :nono: For 2 people it breaks down to less than $300 a day for 4 star lodging and great meals - plus you will get a LIFETIME of bragging rights and stories out of it. :beer::banana:

Ask the people who went on Shelby Run Europe in 2012 if it were a bargain even at double the price. This is a bucket list trip, maybe once in a lifetime.

Just for comparison, Bullrun is $20k for 7 days and Gumball is $40k for 8 days. :spend::nonono:

Last edited:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
The real thing to think about here is this-

How many people have ever even done this? Has it EVER been done?

By my understanding, this would be the first group to do the entire 48 states in 13 days, driving. Bullrun is nothing new anymore. Cannonball has established a cross country timed challenge if you will, but at the sole purpose to just get from NY to CA as fast as possible.

This is something very different. A marathon as compared to a sprint.

The first guys that did the cannonball are legends. I can't pass that up, so Im in!

Last edited:

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Working on getting a transport truck from Texas to Maine and then from Idaho back to Texas. I have three cars so far. Cheapest rate if we fill the truck (6 cars).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I had the car and money, I'd definitely love to do something like this.

SC_SnakeBite

Bumblebeetunez
Established Member
Damn...this sounds awesome...
This really would be a life accomplishment...
Being able to see all 48 States...even though your probably going 120 MPH through it would make it that much more interesting!

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Damn...this sounds awesome...
This really would be a life accomplishment...
Being able to see all 48 States...even though your probably going 120 MPH through it would make it that much more interesting!

BRING YOUR PASSPORT! Several of the participants have asked about hitting Canada as well. It's only 112 miles from our hotel in Idaho. Might as well throw in another country as well!:uh oh::beer:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
The real thing to think about here is this-

How many people have ever even done this? Has it EVER been done?

By my understanding, this would be the first group to do the entire 48 states in 13 days, driving. Bullrun is nothing new anymore. Cannonball has established a cross country timed challenge if you will, but at the sole purpose to just get from NY to CA as fast as possible.

This is something very different. A marathon as compared to a sprint.

The first guys that did the cannonball are legends. I can't pass that up, so Im in!

+1

There better be an epic pics and vids thread about this. Good luck! Any thoughts of mods before making the trip?

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Hmmmmm
What's the anticipated turnout? It says any car?

The trip is capped at 25. My goal is to keep it intimate and special.

I am targeting Ford vehicles (as I always do) but if I do not get enough Ford people I will take other makes and models.

There is only one "first time" and this is it!

LostPony

Established Member
Most Shelby owners don't even put that many miles on their cars after years of ownership. Good luck getting enough participants!

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Several of my regulars have 60k plus on their cars. It's not the mileage that is the problem, it is having the money AND the time off.

Users who are viewing this thread