Shelby mods...pics & sounds

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice George....going for JP for show winning stance eh?
I like the rake alot.
I'm not to up on the 05+ mods, but do you need CC plates or aother means of alignment change?
What are the future plans?
Glad everything is working out, maybe I can bum a ride at an MCT function.
Later man, J

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
biminiLX said:
I like the rake alot.
I'm not to up on the 05+ mods, but do you need CC plates or aother means of alignment change?
What are the future plans?
Glad everything is working out, maybe I can bum a ride at an MCT function.
Later man, J
Thanks J-
I havent had a chance to drive it yet with the complete drop. It appears to have a slightly positive camber as it sits but I really like the way it looks in person. There is a good alignment shop in town I will take it to after I get some miles on it.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
1000 x better looking.
I'm still not sold on the rims yet.

JP

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
JP said:
1000 x better looking.
I'm still not sold on the rims yet.

JP
JP...I was of the same mentality...but they are growing on me every day. In person they look right on the car...especially when there is very little wheel well.;-)

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So you did a flowmaster cat-back, is it all stainless? Looks great, love the drop.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
So you did a flowmaster cat-back, is it all stainless? Looks great, love the drop.
Yeah...I went with the Flows axle back for a couple of reasons. 1...I like the stealthy look of the mufflers. They blend nicely with the rear valance. 2...I like the slash cut rolled 4" tips. 3...they are inexpensive and sound really good.

I will look at a complete 3" stainless system when they hit the market...but for now...I'm happy with the Flows.:thumbsup:

Chad_Diesel

Yeah Dude Sure Whatever
Established Member
biminiLX said:
I like the rake alot.

Not sure about the rake. My personal opinion is that the back needs to come down some.... somewhere in the 3/4"-1" range maybe? The front, however, looks sweet as hell!! You make me want to drop mine some more.

My car has some rake to it. Check it out:
new9sfs1.jpg

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Chad_Diesel said:
Not sure about the rake. My personal opinion is that the back needs to come down some.... somewhere in the 3/4"-1" range maybe? The front, however, looks sweet as hell!! You make me want to drop mine some more.
I knew the rake would end up like that due to the front heavy Shelby on GT springs. I agree that the back could come down and 1/2" or so to better match the front...but my options were limited since there are no GT500 rated springs available. I will def tweak things over the winter once aftermarket kicks in...but for now it looks 100000x's better than stock IMO. Camber ajustment bolts are in the mail and Im gettin er aligned on Wednesday.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread