Shelby in the hospital today

jcthorne

Established Member
Dropped off my GT500 at Lone Star this morning a bit ill. Seems the alturnator took a dive last friday, took the battery with it. Was really odd driving along the beltway when things just started shutting down. Radio, AC, then dash lights, then headlamps. By the time I got to our parking lot, just the engine was running. Never did get any sort of fault, warning light etc. Replaced the battery but its not charging. Thought of just replacing the alturnator myself but none of the parts houses have a correct listing for the GT500 (they all list one but its the same WRONG listing (Napa, Oriely, Advance and Autozone). Even Rockauto has the wrong Motorcraft part number listed (photo shows its wrong) Gave up and dropped it off at the dealer. What a bother, time off from work, arranging rides, service writers, worry about how they are treating your prized possesion etc, what are they going to mess up....

Hope to hear back from them later today when they 'diagnose' what is rong with it. Wish me luck. Its not a clutch TSB but its still in thier hands, not mine....

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
Dropped off my GT500 at Lone Star this morning a bit ill. Seems the alturnator took a dive last friday, took the battery with it. Was really odd driving along the beltway when things just started shutting down. Radio, AC, then dash lights, then headlamps. By the time I got to our parking lot, just the engine was running. Never did get any sort of fault, warning light etc. Replaced the battery but its not charging. Thought of just replacing the alturnator myself but none of the parts houses have a correct listing for the GT500 (they all list one but its the same WRONG listing (Napa, Oriely, Advance and Autozone). Even Rockauto has the wrong Motorcraft part number listed (photo shows its wrong) Gave up and dropped it off at the dealer. What a bother, time off from work, arranging rides, service writers, worry about how they are treating your prized possesion etc, what are they going to mess up....

Hope to hear back from them later today when they 'diagnose' what is rong with it. Wish me luck. Its not a clutch TSB but its still in thier hands, not mine....

If it was a DC area dealer...Jerry's.. /cough ....the diagnosis report would say:

"Alternator and Battery bad due to aftermarket EXHAUST and HOOD, which in turn ruined the ENGINE, HEADS, CPU and TRANSMISSION: <<OWNERS FAULT>> MUST PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR ALL PARTS, LABOR, and RENTAL CAR FEES upon vehicle pickup.

Parts: 22,000.97
Labor: 9,500.00
Rental Car: 1,100

Your Total: 32,600.97
Taxes: 2,277.00
Your Grand Total: ---------> $33,782.97

Thank you for choosing Jerry's Ford Service Department; Have a nice day and come back soon!!!":fm::cuss:

***SEMI-exxaggerated true story.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
damn blaine, have a bad experience??:poke:

A bit... my grand total was only ------> $21,000!!!:mj: I wish I kept that quote from Jerry's. OMG. That would be in a Frame on my wall in my office right now.:lol: I can laugh at it now. Wasn't so funny 2 years ago.

barstoolman

Established Member
Just took my car in for regular service.........they replaced my battery as part of my service (no charge, under warranty) after doing a load test. Apparently, the Shaker 1000 system drains alot of juice. Galpin Ford has a great service department.

Recently added the Shelby Center Gauge Cluster to my Gt500....outstanding looking!!!!

rdsnk46

Established Member
RIP factory alt. lost her after some 6800 rpm pulls one night at the track. Same symtoms, one device shut down at a time to conserve battery life I guess..

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
If it was a DC area dealer...Jerry's.. /cough ....the diagnosis report would say:

"Alternator and Battery bad due to aftermarket EXHAUST and HOOD, which in turn ruined the ENGINE, HEADS, CPU and TRANSMISSION: <<OWNERS FAULT>> MUST PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR ALL PARTS, LABOR, and RENTAL CAR FEES upon vehicle pickup.

Parts: 22,000.97
Labor: 9,500.00
Rental Car: 1,100

Your Total: 32,600.97
Taxes: 2,277.00
Your Grand Total: ---------> $33,782.97

Thank you for choosing Jerry's Ford Service Department; Have a nice day and come back soon!!!":fm::cuss:

***SEMI-exxaggerated true story.

Sounds legit to me :shrug:

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Same thing happened to me a few weeks back and my dealer took care of it under warranty (new battery and alternator) with the TVS on it. I'm thinking of extending the warranty. Since then I've stopped listening to the Shaker 1000 with the car off.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm sure a thread with that will be in the next few years. :shrug: But must say hes still getting around for his age.:beer:

I'm in Northern VA too and people have suggested Sterling Ford for Service (not sales) especially for the trans TSB. Supposed to have an excellent trans guy. Have you tried them?

jcthorne

Established Member
Just to let folks know, things worked out mostly OK. Lone star fixed the alturnator. The mechanic did a nice clean job, even wiped his fingerprints off most of the chrome under the hood. Things were put back nice and neet. Even the chrome tanks were installed straight. They did a nice clean up of the car and had it ready last night.

Don't know the mechanic and the service writer was off yesterday so did not ask. But whomever he is, THANKS. You get it. The pride shows.

For once a service trip did not end in disaster. Lone Star Ford done good this time.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Just to let folks know, things worked out mostly OK. Lone star fixed the alturnator. The mechanic did a nice clean job, even wiped his fingerprints off most of the chrome under the hood. Things were put back nice and neet. Even the chrome tanks were installed straight. They did a nice clean up of the car and had it ready last night.

Don't know the mechanic and the service writer was off yesterday so did not ask. But whomever he is, THANKS. You get it. The pride shows.

For once a service trip did not end in disaster. Lone Star Ford done good this time.

always nice when they do the right thing!

Users who are viewing this thread