Shelby Heads on Terminator?

rezcobra

Established Member
Is there anybody out there that is willing to custimize an 03 Terminator intake to accept the Shelby heads? And also would the extra airflow help or is a good port job on the 03/04 heads just as good?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
If they are proven to flow better... then I will use that intake and heads for my Turbo setup when im prepared to start the project.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Why would you do that? From my understanding, they only hold 600hp before te rods start getting weak. Terminator engines will hold 750 hp stock out of a Turbo setup.

GodStang

Established Member
It is a lso a heavier engine and some what harder to mod plus I think they have yet to get all the quirks out. Remember it took Ford 3 years to get the 3rd run heads out.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I would not mind using the Shelby heads, if they can be installed with an adapter plate, but I think a 5.4 swap into a terminator is more trouble than it is worth.

Machinator

Banned
They are the same heads as used in the 00 Cobra R which outflow any four valve head ford has ever made. They are also the same head as used in the ford gt.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
I would not mind using the Shelby heads, if they can be installed with an adapter plate, but I think a 5.4 swap into a terminator is more trouble than it is worth.

+1

Can't wait till someone decides to be a guinea pig :pepper:

Thekid760

Fordaholic
Established Member
They are the same heads as used in the 00 Cobra R which outflow any four valve head ford has ever made. They are also the same head as used in the ford gt.

exactly, the gt500 has the same heads as the GT and 00R, but different cams. I heard that the cams were 03 cobra intake aand navigator exhaust.

You should be able to swap the heads right out, but you'd have to use a 5.4 intake manifold from what I understand.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
i fail to see how swapping one mod motor for another is trouble. but im goofy.

only replacement for cubic inches is cubic dollars

Well said :pepper:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
i fail to see how swapping one mod motor for another is trouble. but I'm goofy.

only replacement for cubic inches is cubic dollars

I guess you fail to see the clearance issues that would have to be addressed. I am not saying it can't be done, but it is more trouble to fit it into the 03-04 Cobra than it is worth, IMO. Lets not forget about the added weight, either. It is probably similar to swapping a
351 Windsor into a fox-body Mustang. It needs a few modifications to fit, and it will not clear the stock hood.

I do not want a 4" cowl hood on my Terminator.

I agree, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. That is why I enjoyed the 427 Windsor strokers so much, but I did not mind a hood scoop, or cowl hood on any of my Fox body Mustangs :)

Last edited:

frankin

Established Member
Jdaniel said:
Why would you do that? From my understanding, they only hold 600hp before te rods start getting weak. Terminator engines will hold 750 hp stock out of a Turbo setup.

Really? Damn! Do the people paying $20,000 or more over sticker know this. *LOL*

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
frankin said:
Really? Damn! Do the people paying $20,000 or more over sticker know this. *LOL*
yes... The pistons will start to give at around 630rwhp also. They lost to much money on 03/04 cobras, so thats why it is so hard to mod them.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Machinator said:

I don't think they're exactly the same heads as the 00R...

do you have any anecdotal evidence or should we just take your word for it?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JB said:
I don't think they're exactly the same heads as the 00R...

do you have any anecdotal evidence or should we just take your word for it?

They're GT heads, not R heads.

Users who are viewing this thread