Shelby GT500 Convert. Pics From L.A. Auto Show!

rust0r

Established Member
the saleen looks 100000x better IMO, i just can't get the feel for most of the 05 cars, theres a couple here and there that look good, but nothing really makes me go "wow" like the 03/04 cobras, ide take an 05 saleen if someone wanted to give it to me, other than that, anything else is getting sold, ahha

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Did anyone notice something about those pics..

There are crowds of people standing around every car there except for the GT500...bland styling that looks to much like a stock GT which is what most people thought it was.

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
Maybe Im seeing things but where is the clutch and that shifter seems to be automatic??

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The clutch is out of frame, and that is a manual shifter.

Blackie

HISSMAN said:

There are crowds of people standing around every car there except for the GT500...bland styling that looks to much like a stock GT which is what most people thought it was.

Actually we got there around 9 or so, when the show opened expecting to beat the crowds. However, when we got there it was empty. I guess everyone was still in Church. At around noon, my wife and I swang by the Fords again and it was packed.

gotwood

Established Member
Hissman, I was thinking the very same thing. I think it looks so bland and too much like the 05 GT. I have to say that I am now glad I didnt order one. The hood and Shelby badge on the trunk lid look reetarded. I just think that Ford could have done a lot better. :nonono: :nonono:

tony281sc2

Established Member
if they rated it anything like they did the Terminator it will probably be making 460+ at the wheels. :banana:

etfhb

Established Member
i swear we had to wait till detroit to see it. maybe i'll stop by to see it.

TRXboy

Established Member
It won't be a match for the 70-80 Grand Viper and ZO6, but it will smoke a 40K GTO or M3. You know, what it is ment to do.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
HISSMAN said:

i saw that but did not want to say anything. car is not that great looking.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
The HOOD looks like CRAP they did the 80’s ………..Glue black plastic vents, scoops, and ducts……..As everyone points out, looks too much like a GT

Not feeling it :sleeping: not for 40K +

Users who are viewing this thread