Shelby GT500 Convert. Pics From L.A. Auto Show!

redline360

Established Member
Im trying my best to like the new mustangs but.........yea not happening yet

Its gonna be badass though

Spitfire_17

Established Member
man im not diggen the rear. For some reason i think the concept looked better? is it differnent? and the way the Shelby is on there? :shrug:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
great pictures!

and, yes, it does appear that they changed the backend a bit. It looks a little more subdued than the concept pictures.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I will never like that hood. I pray cervini's or someone will get the mold from ford of the original concept hood and copy it. Or just make one like the 03/04 hood. But sweet car, I'd get the coupe though.

SVT04

Established Member
I don't like it....nowhere near as good looking a car as the terminator.......sure glad I didn't wait and bought my 04 Cobra coupe....that car is rather plain looking....so it has Shelby and GT500 on it ...big deal....

slow02GT

so what are the specs?
that shelby badge up there looks tacky

Last edited by a moderator:

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
I like it. It looks pretty bad ass... but I'll never really love it like I love the 03 and 04 Cobras... Way to much of a change for me. I wish they kept the same body style.

quad

Established Member
I'm not digging it either.

- The hood looks unresolved and the rear looks like ass compared to the 03 / 04's.

- The weight is close to 4000 lbs. At 475 HP it would probably be 425 RWHP and no match for the '06 Z06 or Viper.

- The badging on this car is over the top. The Cobra logo is too large on the side and Shelby should have been centered in the rear.

No thanks. I'm glad I have a Terminator.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I don't know they are sort of growing on me now. With a drop, wider wheels out back with big meats, who knows? It sure is a heavy bitch though. :shrug:

88fivepoint0

Established Member
i was just curious if anyone knows how much the convertable gt500 are going to weight? because the standard coupe is going to be like 200-250lbs heavier than the gt.

Users who are viewing this thread