EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Shelby-GT350-Starter-Button-Install-Featured.jpg

Red Means Go
Give your 2015+ Mustang a bit of Shelby style with a red starter button
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Performance

Owners of 2015-2016 Mustangs are probably jealous of at least a few features that are unique to the Shelby GT350. Sure you might not have the loot for a GT350, but you can add a little of that Shelby panache to your S550 thanks to Ford Performance Parts.

Perhaps the most affordable upgrade you can transfer to your car is the newly released Red Start Button kit (PN M-10B776-MR; $49).

“The Ford Performance Parts Red Start Button kit is designed to replace the stock silver start button cap found on GT and 2.3-liter Mustangs with the popular Red GT350/GT350R start button cap, giving your car a distinctive appearance,” says the company.

For under $50 you can swap out your silver starter button in favor of the GT350’s more aggressive red button and thanks to a new install video from Ford Performance, you can do it yourself and save on labor costs. Watch and learn…

[video=youtube;7Ud79FE1j_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ud79FE1j_8[/video]

The kit includes the button and replacement trim clips should you need them. It fits 2015-2016 EcoBoost Mustangs and Mustang GTs.

1-Shelby-GT350-Starter-Button-Install.jpg

Ford Performance now offers the Red Start Button kit (PN M-10B776-MR; $49), which allows you to switch out your silver starter button in favor of the Shelby GT350-style red button.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Was not expecting this, very nice though. Will buy one if I ever plan to take apart everything.

Now just need the rear seat delete..............

thehunterooo

Established Member
Wow that a PIA lol, I had to dig mine out, I guess you just need a good hook on it and a hard yank. A little damage to the area around it but nothing bad. The base car looks to have a smaller gap as well though hard to tell from the video, a small pick did not want to fit without bending in the plastic around the button.

Users who are viewing this thread