Snoopy49

Established Member
6-Lethal-GT350-Magnaflow-Install.jpg

One wrinkle of the Magnaflow install is that the new mufflers feature integral tips, while the stock mufflers outlets are divorced from the valance-mounted tips to allow for cooling during long track sessions. That means removing the stock tips from the valance to make room for the new exhaust.

I wonder if the real reason for the metal (heat shields) in the valance was to insulate the valance from the tip heat by allowing airflow between the tips and heat shield to prevent heat damage to the valance? If that is the case, the valance could be destroyed by the heat from the new exhaust tips if the heat shields were removed.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I wonder if the real reason for the metal (heat shields) in the valance was to insulate the valance from the tip heat by allowing airflow between the tips and heat shield to prevent heat damage to the valance? If that is the case, the valance could be destroyed by the heat from the new exhaust tips if the heat shields were removed.

That was the reason. It was stated in some of the early literature Ford put out on this car. They said integral tips would melt the plastic around the valence. Therefore, they isolated the east tips from the pipe itself. I wonder has MagnaFlow tested for this.

Users who are viewing this thread