Shelby GT350 Cat-Back Exhaust

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Magnaflow Shelby GT350 Exhaust Featured.jpg
Voodoo Volume
Turn up the exhaust tone of your Shelby GT350 with Magnaflow
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Magnaflow

There is no doubt that the latest Shelby GT350 and, especially, the GT350R feature the best-sounding exhaust system ever loosed from the factory by Ford. That’s largely due to the active exhaust that opens up the exhaust on demand. Since the R-model lacks resonators before the mufflers, it sounds even more sinister than the base GT350.
Continue reading →

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Magnaflow definitely produces some killer hardware. Good to see them jump on the bandwagon early.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the killer write-up! We'd also like to add that this system, like all our products is proudly made in Southern California and comes with a lifetime warranty!

If anyone has any questions about the system, please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us a PM.

bpmurr

Established Member
That pricing is insane for 409 stainless. Probably drones as well.

bpmurr

Established Member
Probably reflects the number of potential customers. Lower volume = higher prices. Have to pay for the R&D some way.

Seems like Lethal's cat delete is going to be the value play for the GT350.

cluscher

Established Member
The power/torque jump for this mod seems unlikely. Somebody help me understand?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Looks like a lot of ss and none of the 6 to 8 cats needed to pass the carb. Which makes this exhaust illegal in ca. Quickest way to add power in ca is take out or change the cats. Both of which are illegal.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member

Marketing :)

Sounds like the tones I was trying to tune out of my exhaust before I built my current setup. Not enough "roar" for my taste.
Looks nice but that cat-back is approaching akrapovic pricing. Shelby tax is in full effect boys. I would like a close up shot of the carbon fiber tips.

These newer mustangs don't leave much on the table power wise. Buy your exhaust for the sound not for the "power gains". However magnaflow has a good rep and a warranty.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Claimed gains are entirely believable... This replaces from the X pipe back.... Smoother bends and alittle extra diameter and flow can make gains, especially in higher rpm ranges like this engine lives for.

ericnolan661

Established Member
Hey gang, that's my car. The work is first class and you can still select mode Normal/Sport. What is a great sounding exhaust is purely subjective, but it's a sweet sound which has a received a lot of love in person. It is a deeper more, "tuned" sound with less rasp than stock. Drone has not been an issue in my experience.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks like a lot of ss and none of the 6 to 8 cats needed to pass the carb. Which makes this exhaust illegal in ca. Quickest way to add power in ca is take out or change the cats. Both of which are illegal.

Not sure what you're saying here. The GT350 comes with two cats only. This system from Magnaflow is a cat-back arrangement and is entirely emissions compliant.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Since when is Magnaflow doing 409? The only reason to buy it is for the 304 and high quality craftsmanship.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not sure what you're saying here. The GT350 comes with two cats only. This system from Magnaflow is a cat-back arrangement and is entirely emissions compliant.

My mach 1 had 6 cats to pass the ca air resource board certification. I was assuming two cats would not pass carb for the gt350.

bpmurr

Established Member
Since when is Magnaflow doing 409? The only reason to buy it is for the 304 and high quality craftsmanship.

Agreed, maybe someone from Magnaflow can chime in and let us know what's up with the 409. My MBRP Street catback is 409, but only $550 bucks.

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
:(I currently love and always have loved my magnaflow products. Great craftsmanship, longevity, and quality.

However I can not see spending 1700 on a catback exhaust. I am hoping they come out with an option that is more reasonable cost wise

Users who are viewing this thread