Shelby GT

bandit_48032

Established Member
So as I was driving to class today I look over at the Ford dealer and I see this Black 2007 Mustang that says Shelby on the side. Being all excited....I pull into the dealer and find out instead of it being a GT500....it's a Shelby GT?

What the heck is a Shelby GT? I heard of the GT350's and the 500's of course, but have yet to hear anything about a Shelby GT.

Anyways....it was black with silver racing stripes, hood pins and non-functional ram air scoop.....side scoops like the 02-04 GT's, no spoiler, and black rims, and was just bad @$$ looking. The sticker price was $30,499 if I remember correctly.

The info said it included a bunch of Ford Racing parts, cold air, upgraded rear gear, etc. The paper said it makes 319 horses.

Anyways....whats the deal with these cars? Basically a GT with a Shelby bodykit? The 07 GT's alone are supposed to be rated at 300 flywheel correct....how could this car with like a million Ford Racing mods only be rated at 319?

Well....it was a freaking awesome car. Too bad I didn't have a million dollars and just buy every nice car I see when I come across it. haha

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Theres was one here listed for 69k and as far as I know it is still listed for that price cause nobody is gonna pay that much for one.

By the way the car started off as a Hertz rental car but from demand they created the GT for the public.

bandit_48032

Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
Theres was one here listed for 69k and as far as I know it is still listed for that price cause nobody is gonna pay that much for one.

By the way the car started off as a Hertz rental car but from demand they created the GT for the public.

Ya, I had heard about the Hertz GT-H....isn't it a 300 horse V6 though? Regardless it's a nice ride....I like it a lot....much rather have a GT500 though! haha....too bad I'll never be able to afford one though... :shrug:

aaandht

Established Member
The hertz is just a GT with an auto and the same package as the S GT.

The GT only has a Cold air, Exhaust and tune, maybe gears. So 19 HP is just right. It also has some suspension work done too.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The GT-H is a V8 w/ an auto and the Shelby GT is the same but with optional manual.

IMO the only thing cool about these cars is the hood on the GT-H, I don't know why they didnt put it on the GT.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, if it really is going for 30k, then thats a steal for the way they are going for around here. I would still never buy one but if I was looking for one then I would sure jump on that!

snakedoctor

Established Member
you might wanna check that sticker again. It's $30,000 for the GT and then the Shelby conversion is another 6-8 thousand. There's one in Monroe, LA and they're asking $45,000 and another 90 miles away in Monticello, AR for $39,000. I guess the dealers think just because the Shelby Cobras are getting high prices that the Shelby GT will too.

Ephingahol

Gone to the dark side
Established Member
Those cars are pointless. A local dealer here has one and I can't ever remember being as underwhelmed when seeing a car in person for the first time.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
it was not 30k. the base mustang gt is just below 30k then you add the shelby products for 8k. base msrp on a real shelby gt is $37995.

base mustang gt with kenne bell $35k or shelby gt $38k? the choice is yours!

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
There is one going for around 48k here in Kentucky. A nice looking ride but def not worth the sticker price. And also lol the salesman tried to tell me the car could reach close to 200mph on the track.

bandit_48032

Established Member
snakedoctor said:
you might wanna check that sticker again. It's $30,000 for the GT and then the Shelby conversion is another 6-8 thousand. There's one in Monroe, LA and they're asking $45,000 and another 90 miles away in Monticello, AR for $39,000. I guess the dealers think just because the Shelby Cobras are getting high prices that the Shelby GT will too.

I'm pretty sure the last price on the bottom of the page said $31,499 or something like that. I did see the part where it said all of the added cost for the upgraded shelby package which I believe said 10k or something like that (don't quote me on it).

I drove past the dealer today and I didn't see it, but I'm headed that way tomorrow and I'll take another look. I was probably wrong if all the other people are seeing these cars at their dealers for 40-60k.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
base mustang gt with kenne bell $35k or shelby gt $38k? the choice is yours!
not trying to be rude or anything but, could you just shut the hell up with your modded car vs. production car comparisons??? get a ****in fox body, drop a junkyard 460 in it, and be done with it. i dont think that anyone buying a shelby GT really gives 2 shits about your GT with a twin screw that is $3K cheaper than there car. yours doesnt say shelby, nor would it have the resale value. same applies for the SS/KR. your 460 powered fox may be faster but i think 99 out of 100 people are gonna take the SS/KR.

tvguy

Ry_Trapp0 said:
not trying to be rude or anything but, could you just shut the hell up with your modded car vs. production car comparisons??? get a ****in fox body, drop a junkyard 460 in it, and be done with it. i dont think that anyone buying a shelby GT really gives 2 shits about your GT with a twin screw that is $3K cheaper than there car. yours doesnt say shelby, nor would it have the resale value. same applies for the SS/KR. your 460 powered fox may be faster but i think 99 out of 100 people are gonna take the SS/KR.

So I assume you disagree with this statement: "What an over priced POS".
PACOTACO

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
How many of these are being made? It's a numbers game. If the numbers are low, the value will be high.

Users who are viewing this thread