Shelby GT-H encounter in MIAMI

jimbo7200

I see slow cars..
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
I saw one on the freeway with me. It looked pretty nice. What do they have? hp? :shrug:

i can't stop looking at your sig...oh nice car by the way.

TEABG

Banned
jbindahoos said:
They only have like 30 more rwhp than a stocker....so they're putting down like 300 or so.

They have 20 extra Fly Wheel horse power of a base Mustang GT. :kaboom:

Rent one and put NOS on it ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
the hood makes or breaks the car..and it defiantly makes this mustang stand out great! HP#'s are also decent and awesome

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
A guy from Mach1Registry.com rented one in Las Vegas a short time ago. Said he had a blast with it. One thing I found interesting was that he said they put a washer or something behind the Traction Control button in an effort to keep people from turning it off LOL! He said if you really work at it you can get it to go off, and then powerbrake that sucker!!

Here's a link with pictures

Last edited:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Nick85 said:
What exactly is powerbraking? Is that like drifting?
LOL! Must be showing my age! Powerbraking an automatic equipped car is when from a dead stop, you keep just enough pressure on the brake pedal to keep the car from moving forward, but the rear wheels will start to spin, producing a somewhat impressive burnout. A poor mans line-lock, so to speak.

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
DCOURTS said:
so today i was pulling out of school (taking summer class at the University of Miami) and i see the new Shelby GT-H. at first i was like no way is that it, it must be a clone or someone's modded GT(visually). so i followed it for a little bit, there were 2 guys in a shirt and tie driving in it and then i proceeded to stop by the Hertz at MIA airport. sure enough they have 2 GT-H's for rent. Funny thing about it though is in order to rent one you must:1.) have an out of state DL 2.) proof of a return flight ticket to an out of state destination 3.) 25 yrs or older( like most rental cars) 4.)$200 a day. The guy told me that they reason they do this is because they only want tourists to be renting the car, rather than have local mustang enthusiasts take it out and beat the piss outta of it(not like any of us would do that). Well ithought id share that with you. car looks nice, unfortuantely its nothing special. A GT with looks, intake, exhaust, 3.55 gears and tuned suspension.

heres some pics:
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc014139mh.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?...dsc014145ca.jpg

Excuse me it's 200.00 for 100 miles limit, then goes way up from there, had a friend that rented one around 3 weeks ago.

Nick85

Banned
TR03Mach1 said:
LOL! Must be showing my age! Powerbraking an automatic equipped car is when from a dead stop, you keep just enough pressure on the brake pedal to keep the car from moving forward, but the rear wheels will start to spin, producing a somewhat impressive burnout. A poor mans line-lock, so to speak.

Ahhh yes I do that...I just call it a"burnout." Dammit I thought I was going to learn a new trick :lol:

skunkt-u

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
And you can also power brake a 5 or 6 spd in our case....LOL!! :rolling: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread