Shelby GT-H encounter in MIAMI

DCOURTS

Established Member
so today i was pulling out of school (taking summer class at the University of Miami) and i see the new Shelby GT-H. at first i was like no way is that it, it must be a clone or someone's modded GT(visually). so i followed it for a little bit, there were 2 guys in a shirt and tie driving in it and then i proceeded to stop by the Hertz at MIA airport. sure enough they have 2 GT-H's for rent. Funny thing about it though is in order to rent one you must:1.) have an out of state DL 2.) proof of a return flight ticket to an out of state destination 3.) 25 yrs or older( like most rental cars) 4.)$200 a day. The guy told me that they reason they do this is because they only want tourists to be renting the car, rather than have local mustang enthusiasts take it out and beat the piss outta of it(not like any of us would do that). Well ithought id share that with you. car looks nice, unfortuantely its nothing special. A GT with looks, intake, exhaust, 3.55 gears and tuned suspension.

heres some pics:
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc014139mh.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?...dsc014145ca.jpg

Last edited:

Nick85

Banned
Venomous01 said:
I saw one on the freeway with me. It looked pretty nice. What do they have? hp? :shrug:

With an intake/X-pipe/tune it should be in the 335-345 hp range.

Anyone recognize that hood? It's straight off the Shelby CS-6.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Nick85 said:
With an intake/X-pipe/tune it should be in the 335-345 hp range.

Anyone recognize that hood? It's straight off the Shelby CS-6.
Is that RWHP you stated? What does it have to begin with?

The hood was VERY nice in person.

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
I saw this exact same color scheme driving home from work and I thought the car looked great.Not the colors but the body kit.

dsc014139mh.gif

DCOURTS

Established Member
yea the hood was the best part along with the color combo. with the add ons its only good for about 30+hp. dont know why they didnt put that hood on the GT500. would've been nice. wheels are quite small. i didnt check to see what size they were but they look almost like 17's

Nick85

Banned
Ever since I saw the concept for this shelby i've been thinking of ordering that hood. Shelbyauto.com sells it :coolman:

Nick85

Banned
DCOURTS said:
anyone know how much for that hood? and what it is made of?

I think it's about 600 dollars and couldn't tell you what it's made of. Probably metal...check shelbyauto.com

Users who are viewing this thread