Shelby gt 500- Should I LOWER IT ?!?!?!?!

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Which 315 tire are you running? I run the Nitto and mine is lowered with the frpp fr3 kit and i only rub with extra weight in the car over big dips in the road and only if i'm going 55+ to where the momentum pushes the car down harder. Through entrances and over speed bumps i don't have an issue. I think the SS wheels have less offset than my TF wheels though so you might rub, only one way to find out.

Last edited:

SVT_SHELBY_2008

Established Member
Which 315 tire are you running? I run the Nitto and mine is lowered with the frpp fr3 kit and i only rub with extra weight in the car over big dips in the road and only if i'm going 55+ to where the momentum pushes the car down harder. Through entrances and over speed bumps i don't have an issue. I think the SS wheels have less offset than my TF wheels though so you might rub, only one way to find out.[/QUOTE

I'm running Nittos 555 Drag Radials, but if I'm Traveling I switch to Bridgestone Dueler H/P........it LOOKS (Lol) like I'll have plenty of room but 315 are some huge tires. What size are you using for Rear?

mavisky

Established Member
I'm lowering mine by using the GT500KR springs and shocks. I have them at my house now and I will make a new thread with before and after pictures and measurements. Initial reports from others say the drop will be about 5/8" up front and about 1" in the rear. This should help the factory rake some and even lend some assistance to the weight bias.

YELL03

Established Member
I lowered mine rear only with H&R springs, 3/4"-1" drop, huge difference.

Here is a before and after:

GT500washedampsunnypics071_zps49e3d29b.jpg

February2014Loweringspringsgt500002_zpse45d2319.jpg

IA Shelby

Established Member
315's on non-widened Alcoas will rub on a lowered car.

Now, have the Alcoas widened to 11.5 -11.75 in the rear and your 315 will be perfect.

Also, isn't the Bridgestone Dueler HP that you runs sometimes a truck tire??? You may want to reconsider.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
315/30? or 315/35?.................big difference in height.

...........but as is mentioned above, a 315 on a widened Alcoa will be a totally different fit from a 315 on a 10" Alcoa.

R

Last edited:

864svt