Shelby finally shipped!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Chad_Diesel said:
I don't think I'm gonna make it on Sat. George. Sorry bro. My favroite Aunt from Texas is in town and I need to spend some time with her since I only get to see her once a year. But, I am laid off next week. If you don't get it done Sat. Let me know and we will hook up any day next week to get your car lowered.
That's cool Chad...no problem at all. You know where I'll be if you decide to pay a visit to aunt Shelby.:beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
What kind of pulley are u putting on? Get a new maf too since they are nearly pegged from the factory.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Awesome george, congrats. I like how you left it at the fire house, it looked pretty cool in there. Enjoy it man.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Snakebite said:
;-) ...having the closest Shelby to BFWHQ does have it's privileges.:p
:D

I will be close soon...

About your flowmasters...I tried putting on their axle back today and that thing does not fit, i need to modify it. Did yours fit properly? I am driving around with no axleback on, it sounds wicked. :D

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
dgussin1 said:

I will be close soon...

About your flowmasters...I tried putting on their axle back today and that thing does not fit, i need to modify it. Did yours fit properly? I am driving around with no axleback on, it sounds wicked. :D

You got the early shipment of GT500's. before they caught the problem.
Thats why it doesn't fit.
You have a Mazda 6 mid pipe on there.

JP:p

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
dgussin1 said:

I will be close soon...

Lemme guess...the drivers side gave you hell??

I installed the passenger side first without ANY issues at all. But the DS was a challenge. I had to loosen the mid pipe bolts to make the adjustment and it's still not "perfect". Something the average person would never notice but I know it's not quite right.

The drain hole is not perfectly centered at the bottom of the tip and the muffler is tilte about 3 degrees from horizontal. I have an appt. tomorrow morning to have it adjusted in the air. It's the hangers...they need to be tweeked.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Snakebite said:
Lemme guess...the drivers side gave you hell??

I installed the passenger side first without ANY issues at all. But the DS was a challenge. I had to loosen the mid pipe bolts to make the adjustment and it's still not "perfect". Something the average person would never notice but I know it's not quite right.

The drain hole is not perfectly centered at the bottom of the tip and the muffler is tilte about 3 degrees from horizontal. I have an appt. tomorrow morning to have it adjusted in the air. It's the hangers...they need to be tweeked.
i actually never even tried the drivers side...the passenger side didn't fit where it's supposed to mount to the hangers. The hangers were at least 1" off from where they need to be. I just said **** it and drove home with the axleback in the trunk. My buddy at a shop will put it on in the morning.

Here it is with nothing on....got any vids with it on?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e8571630-ce83-44d3-b5f3-98360162f040.htm

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
JP said:
You got the early shipment of GT500's. before they caught the problem.
Thats why it doesn't fit.
You have a Mazda 6 mid pipe on there.

JP:p
lol...I think the problem is I bought the least expensive axleback to hold me over until there are 3" x and catback combos...and this axleback is a POS!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
lol...I think the problem is I bought the least expensive axleback to hold me over until there are 3" x and catback combos...and this axleback is a POS!
Exactly why I bought that system. BTW Dave...the Flows do sound good despite the shoddy quality.

EDIT: I do like the black mufflers though. They blend very well with the rear lower valance.

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Got the left pipe tweeked this morning. The hanger just needed to be manhandled back into it's proper position. MUCH easier in the air. CLICK

Dave...btw...I sent back my first set of Flowmasters. One muffler was dented and weld spatter was on one of the tips.:rollseyes

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Snakebite said:
Got the left pipe tweeked this morning. The hanger just needed to be manhandled back into it's proper position. MUCH easier in the air. CLICK

Dave...btw...I sent back my first set of Flowmasters. One muffler was dented and weld spatter was on one of the tips.:rollseyes
my tips have some weld splats on them too, but I don't care since they are only temporary...they sound good, I got them on this morning...we used the acetylene torch and adjusted the hangers a bit. I'll have some vid later.

Users who are viewing this thread