Shelby American Visit

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Had a great time at Shelby American on Friday, 6 Mar, to attend part of Shelby Vegas Bash 2015 and pickup a friend's Super Snake. (I appreciated him letting me tag along.)

Really enjoyed a behind-the-scenes tour from Shelby staff members Ralph Hengelhaupt and Tim Pittsenbarger. There was no shortage of great cars or horsepower!

IMG_0002_zpsrq7cy6xt.gif

IMG_0025_zps96aqacun.gif

IMG_0028_zpsdsr3ijif.gif

IMG_0035_zpssphzdiz0.gif

IMG_0044_zpsbpmzgk3z.gif

IMG_0068_zpscofmultq.gif

IMG_0069_zps0ynyxhql.gif

IMG_0019_zpsh2ofmukz.gif

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya it's awesome place to go, I went to the old factory and the new factory, that's badass your buddy got a SuperSnake, I have always want one

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Wow, that's awesome! Your buddy's car looks great! Is he in CO?
Yes. PM sent.

Ya it's awesome place to go, I went to the old factory and the new factory, that's badass your buddy got a SuperSnake, I have always want one
I never made it to their old location, but this trip (albeit a quick one) was a lot of fun.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish I would've known you were going... I would've had you take a picture of my old car! It's out there right now getting a Super Snake conversion.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
the new factory and the new tour is great, they have really stepped up the tour content now compared to the old location.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
If only the super snake wasn't so expensive. It looks awesome.
+1.

I wish I would've known you were going... I would've had you take a picture of my old car! It's out there right now getting a Super Snake conversion.
I thought of your car while I was there. I only saw one SGM being converted, but there were also a LOT of cars staged to be converted too. (I have a one pic of the SGM on the lift. I can send it to you via email if you PM me your address.)

Hourigan218

Established Member
Really nice pics. Waiting for my car( csmss0114)to get home, should be here Friday. I really wanted to make the trip during the build but time did not allow it. So hopefully can make the trip this summer. And congrats to the rest of you guys for your conversion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-27-20-51-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-20-51-51.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Really nice pics. Waiting for my car( csmss0114)to get home, should be here Friday. I really wanted to make the trip during the build but time did not allow it. So hopefully can make the trip this summer. And congrats to the rest of you guys for your conversion.
Very nice! Congratulations! (We need lots more pics after your car gets home...)

I saw exactly where that photo was taken, outside the facility where cars awaiting conversion and transport are warehoused (separate from the mechanical and merchandise facilities). There were a lot of great vehicles in there!

Hourigan218

Established Member
Very nice! Congratulations! (We need lots more pics after your car gets home...)

I saw exactly where that photo was taken, outside the facility where cars awaiting conversion and transport are warehoused (separate from the mechanical and merchandise facilities). There were a lot of great vehicles in there!
Will have plenty of pics once it gets here. Been about 3 1/2 months total for build but took a while due to the holidays. Overall been a good experience. Frankie and Ralph have kept me in the loop the whole time and had been sending me pics during the build.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

That's a awesome looking SuperSnake, can't wait to see more pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread