Shaved / bald heads at the barber. Why?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Dont worry. Im cutting it today and will be sending you a before and after just so you know im not playing. It gets hot under them robes. Lol

Edit: its a joke
giphy.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
BTW, some guys can pull off the bald look...I happen to be one of them. I have a perfectly shaped head and the right features to do so. I've seen some guys who look awful with a bald head and others who don't shave but they should. LOL Hanging on to scraps.

I completely agree that only some guys can pull off the bald look. But I've always wondered how one can tell without shaving it off, first? I've got a full head of hair, so I don't need to worry. I'm just wondering, because after you're bald, it's kinda too late to decide you can't pull it off.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I completely agree that only some guys can pull off the bald look. But I've always wondered how one can tell without shaving it off, first? I've got a full head of hair, so I don't need to worry. I'm just wondering, because after you're bald, it's kinda too late to decide you can't pull it off.

You're exactly right. Some people have lumpy or mis-shaped heads, so bald doesn't look good. I think complexion also has a lot to do with it. Those with darker skin and features (eyes, eye brows, facial hair) seem to look better than people who are snow white. LOL

I can tell you this, though...I'd prefer to be bald and not be able to pull it off than to be going bald and hanging on for dear life. That just looks pathetic. LOL Comb-overs and hairstyles that cover bald spots or receding areas look silly...at that point the choice should be simple.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Dont worry. Im cutting it today and will be sending you a before and after just so you know im not playing. It gets hot under them robes. Lol

Edit: its a joke
I'm sure it does get hot in that robe. but I know you have to prepare for your drag race, you don't want to keep Rupaul waiting
drag-queen-in-silk-robe-in-bathroom-C00BM4.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I shave my head and have someone do it. Reason being i cant use the 2 mirror crap and get the back of my head.
why would you need to do this? as earlier said use the braille method. I normally do my own head. zero blade it with the clippers, lather it up and shave it. I do have a barber I go to once in awhile when I think my goatee and mustache could use a professional trim up and since I am paying for that I have her do my head shave as well. She has a single chair shop, complete bar, and man cave decorations. and she LOVES doing mens beards and shaving heads. I get a top notch head massage when she is done. and no .. I don't get a "happy ending" LOL

one can't tell until you do it.
I was balding on top, but kept a ponytail. I had always said when the time came I would shave it. I had a job interview so had gone to get my hair cut and beard trim. she was almost done and I looked at the girl doing my hair and said . you now .. just shave it. she asked me if I was sure and I said "what's the worst that could happen? I have to wait for it to grow back, so shave it" she did, I liked it, GF liked it, Family liked it so I keep it shaved. My advice to anyone wanting to try it is shave it and see if you like it. Don't like it wait a few months and it will all grow back no harm no foul

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I shave or buzz my own head. I cut my boys also. I'll shave in the summer and buzz in the winter. The wife loves the short hair stubble.

The barber I went to as a young man had a stack of Penthouse, Playboy and others under his cash register podium. All the seasoned men grabbed one as they waited. Once you had the courage to walk in and grab one off the top, you were steeping the into manhood.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
1 - buy a $40 set of decent clippers

2 - spend 30 seconds searching YouTube for DIY trimmer vid

3 - spend 5 minutes watching the how-to vid

4 - get wifey to clean up the back of the neck area

5 - save $20+ every month for the rest of your life not having to pay & tip the barber, all while having 100’s of smokin’ hot chicks wanting to bang you because of your awesome tight trim job
So full of win right here!!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I razor shave my head...every other morning. I do the back by "braille", meaning I shave it by feeling it with my fingers to make sure I didn't miss any.

Oddly enough, sometimes when I take my son to get his haircut they ask if both of us are getting cuts. I literally have a Michael Jordan cut (except I'm white). What could you possibly do to "cut" my hair?

BTW, some guys can pull off the bald look...I happen to be one of them. I have a perfectly shaped head and the right features to do so. I've seen some guys who look awful with a bald head and others who don't shave but they should. LOL Hanging on to scraps.

Same here. Been doing it for years. My wife took me to a place called the Boardroom last year for a hot face and head shave with a straight razor. It was pretty awesome.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol OP, i was going to post something similar about a year ago.

The guy that cuts my hair is always friggen busy and I could never understand why a bald dude gets a haircut. If bald dude did it himself, not only are they saving time (time is money right?), they are also saving gas, OTHER PEOPLE's time, and saving themselves the hassle of it all! For me, since I have to drive to barber and wait my turn its worth more than the price of haircut. I shaved my head maybe twice in my life. When I did it i never understood why somebody would (drive to barber, wait for their turn, pay barber and drive back home). Just get a razor blade and do it yourself.

Two mirrors does the trick, also feeling for patches of hair and shave off works wonders too.

touche op, #fullheadofhairprivilege
LOL

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Same here. Been doing it for years. My wife took me to a place called the Boardroom last year for a hot face and head shave with a straight razor. It was pretty awesome.

Sport clips

Hot chicks who rub your head

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
No way I could ever do my own head. I go to a barber place in the hood and I get it faded. Takes him about 25 minutes to do that shit right.

Then I get my beard trimmed and straight razor lined up. Another 25 minutes.

I ain’t skilled enough to do it perfect and it’s absolutely got to be perfect or I’d ****in be RAGE’N.

Norm Peterson

Established Member
As I sit here waiting for my turn to get my haircut, I am waiting next to a guy with hair that is bald on top, an looks like it had a #1 taken to it yesterday.

I see this quite often, but have never understood why guys such as this don’t have a pair of clippers on stand by at home, rather they spend $___ every so often to have someone do it for them. It’s not as though they are receiving a style or skin taper; it’s usually zip and go....

Not judging, I’ve just been genuinely curious about this for a while.
Seems simple enough . . . most older guys never knew any other way. Or stopped to consider that there even might be another option. You always went to the barber because that's what your Dad always did.

That's most older guys, anyway. I've been doing my own haircuts for close to 50 years now.

Norm

Users who are viewing this thread