Shark fin on Job 2 cars?

C0bra99

Established Member
Just heard that on Job 2 cars the Shark Fin is standard? Disappointed is all I can say.

Just saw one of the first ones here and it has it.
11238.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
From what I understand, Ford replaced the low profile antenna with the shark fin because of complaints due to poor reception. The new shark fin antenna has higher gain (it's able to receive weaker signals).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it looks fine. I have one on my Genesis G-70. I prefer a shark fin over smaller, less noticeable antennas if the reception is superior.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I was told that it is for Satallite/GPS reception. The AM-FM antenna is suppose to be in the rear window. I think it may be the wire above the heating grid.

Even worse. I installed a radio with GPS/Satelite radio in my Fusion in 2013. The antenna is mounted in the dash, above the radio. Never had a problem. In 2020 there's no need for a GPS antenna on the roof.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Even worse. I installed a radio with GPS/Satelite radio in my Fusion in 2013. The antenna is mounted in the dash, above the radio. Never had a problem. In 2020 there's no need for a GPS antenna on the roof.

It may be that the fin is satellite only. On my 2013, the satellite antenna is on the trunk lid. Stands to reason, that the Fin may only be for satellite reception.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It may be that the fin is satellite only. On my 2013, the satellite antenna is on the trunk lid. Stands to reason, that the Fin may only be for satellite reception.

Again, its mounted in my dash. No need for it to sit on the roof.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Again, its mounted in my dash. No need for it to sit on the roof.

I'm inclined to agree. I added SYNC and NAV to replace the lame system that came on Track Pack GT350's early on (mine was a '16). The antenna for the satellite was placed on the dash under a bezel and it never faltered, even on lengthy trips (15 hrs one way) through varying altitudes and terrains.

1018161756_HDR.jpg~original.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg~original.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread