ShakerPro Amp Locations

alexgg2

Established Member
Does anyone know where the ShakerPro Amp locations are. I want to upgrade the audio system as I am not happy with the sound quality as I am used to really high end audio equipment. I plan on keeping the factory navigation unit and install the audiocontrol LCQ-1 for oem integration to send signal to my JL-300/4 amp and run some Focal 165KR3X 3-way components up front and some focal 165KRX2 2-way components in rear. I also plan to upgrade the factory trunk sub to a JL Audio W3 with a JL 250/1 amp to power sub. If anyone knows where the factory amp locations are that would really help as the Audiocontrol LCQ-1 connects right after factory amps and sums highs, mids and lows to send signal to aftermarket amps.

chevpwr

Established Member
I think I'm going to upgrade the sub woofer and see if that helps, the bass is almost non existent.
It looks to be a 8" woofer.

YAjOcr.jpg

alexgg2

Established Member
looks like the sub is smaller than an 8" as your measuring the grille,looks more like a 6.5" or 7" sub. I still havent looked into it to much but I will be doing so tomorrow. I plan to find where that factory amp locations are. I did take a look at the rear decklid speakers which are covered under a carpeted panel which obviously doesn't let enough sound come through. Don't understand why ford wouldn't put grilles on speakers and just covered them up. Pointless to install speakers in the rear if they are just covering them up with a panel. I tried messing with the navigation system to see if it had sub controls and it doesn't, it only has bass control which controls all speakers included trunk sub. Don't know why ford did this in a premium sound system, if you try to add bass the interior speakers begin to distort as you pick up the volume and will most likely blow the interior speakers.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
looks like the sub is smaller than an 8" as your measuring the grille,looks more like a 6.5" or 7" sub. I still havent looked into it to much but I will be doing so tomorrow. I plan to find where that factory amp locations are. I did take a look at the rear decklid speakers which are covered under a carpeted panel which obviously doesn't let enough sound come through. Don't understand why ford wouldn't put grilles on speakers and just covered them up. Pointless to install speakers in the rear if they are just covering them up with a panel. I tried messing with the navigation system to see if it had sub controls and it doesn't, it only has bass control which controls all speakers included trunk sub. Don't know why ford did this in a premium sound system, if you try to add bass the interior speakers begin to distort as you pick up the volume and will most likely blow the interior speakers.

The audio system is certainly a disappointment.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The audio system is certainly a disappointment.

alexgg2

Established Member
Okay so here's an update, I took the shaker sub out and found the amp for sub attached to rear of box. It seems that the sub is a dual voice coil sub with 2 positives and 2 negative wires going to sub. The mounting depth is 3 3/4" max and open diameter is 7 1/4". So the sub is an 8" sub, the only thing is finding a sub that will fit with the limited mounting depth of 3 3/4". A JL 8W1v3-4 might fit with a 1/4" MDF board ring as a spacer as the mounting depth for these subs are 3.86". As for the interior speakers I found the amp located on the drivers side kick panel tuck up under dash. Until ford releases wiring diagrams for these cars I will wait before I start hacking into oem wiring as speakers polarity need to be connected correctly or they will damage speakers especially tweeters. I will try and order a wiring diagram from ford if possible.

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

Subwoofer has a small bolt holding it from behind sub on magnet so just removing front screws will not allow sub to be removed. The entire sub box needs to be removed to access bolt.

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

Interior speaker amp, located on drivers side kick panel tuck up under dash.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
Any updates on this?
I was looking at changing the woofer out to a Rockford P3SD2-8 and the amp to a Rockford PBR300x1 and use the factory wiring but I was told that the factory signal probably would not work with that amp.
Does anyone know why or why not it would work?
I kind of want to keep my factory box.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
Sounds way better with the top down, or with the doors or trunk open, but worse with everything closed?
It's a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 with the stock amp

v9fNYT.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread