Shaker Pro owners - Share your config

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I agree the pro is not the best system in the world but I see a lot of you have settings on bass above zero. You may enjoy the thump but suggest you try -2. Part of the muddy sounding problem is the the bass intruding on the mids when you goose it up. Give it a try and play around with it. Not going to make it a great system but might make it sound better to you. I would also suggest leaving treble flat or a little below. If you want to optimize the sound for the driver leave the orientation on all seats but push the balance way to the right until the sound is more or less centered to your ears. The fade should only be 3 or 4 clicks back from all the way to the front. The theory is rear speakers are only supposed to provide fill unless you have someone in the back seat.

I'll try your suggestions out and see what I think. Like I said in my original post I don't normally fade to the rear either, this was quite different from what I typically set up. I've enjoyed it much more by fading it back like that, but my config may only work for me on lower volume settings. I havn't cranked it up too high yet for the same reason as most other people have mentioned: I've enjoyed the sound of the exhaust too much. :rockon:

phil123

Established Member
I'll try your suggestions out and see what I think. Like I said in my original post I don't normally fade to the rear either, this was quite different from what I typically set up. I've enjoyed it much more by fading it back like that, but my config may only work for me on lower volume settings. I havn't cranked it up too high yet for the same reason as most other people have mentioned: I've enjoyed the sound of the exhaust too much. :rockon:

I don't remember the numbers but my rear fade is only a few clicks off from full front. You don't get a lot of fill because the Recaro's block off most of the air from the rear but it does back off the front subs a little. When experimenting instead of concentrating on bass and treble when listening try and listen to what the music sounds like as whole and which way it sounds best. Obviously when you turn down the bass there will be less bass but at the same time the sound should be less muddy in the mids and uppers. Turing the treble down will make symbols less prominent but it also will be easier on the ears. I found using all passengers and pushing balance towards the passenger seat to center it sounded better than the driver position maybe less DSP. I agree with you on the bass. On electronic music with a lot of bass it needs to be turned down even more or it starts to distort the door woofers. I try and pick a compromise position as I am not interested in tweaking the system on every song. In the end it is what ever sounds best to you but listening to all the music at once when adjusting instead of dividing it into segments helps.

Users who are viewing this thread