*SHAFTED* By Pauls High Performance

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Yes, once again, a company has screwed me over.

I ordered a set of fuel rails from php on 3\15\04. I found them on the "internet" and listed on thier site for $400 and something dollars.

To my surprise when the box arived thier was an invoice stating that $780.00 dollars was charged to my card. I quickly called up, they said someone assumed I wanted the "line kit" yeah almost 300 bucks for a couple fittings and a foot long piece of steel braid?

Anyway, I return shipped the pieces I didn't want, or order for that fact, and was told I'd recieve a credit on my card.

Now* I'm being told that I ordered those pieces, and "Ronda" knows so because "she" has it writen on paper that I ordered from a magazine??? Thier taking a 20% restocking fee....

Which fricken magazine do they advertise in? I have a subsrciption to MM&FF, and I'd truely like to see an advertisment that lists the fuel rail kit for $780.00... which is what their claiming I saw an ordered???

This is on parts they sent and billed me that I did not order. Then I had to return these parts at my expense, and on top of that call 3 times for a credit back to my card which didn't happen for almost 2 months now and took 3 calls to get?

I tried to talk, but "Ronda" could care less anything I had to say.
She kept an attitude that I was wrong, thier guy who took my order is a great salesmen and I'm the bad guy.

Well, as a result of this, niether myself, any of my close friends, all my mustang buddies, the guys over at P&G automotive, local car club, will never due bussiness with PHP again.

So Paul over at PHP, I hope your happy that your excellent sales and customer service team screwed a customer out of 20%. I'm sure it was worth losing much more overall bussiness.

I'll make sure when I'm out at event an etc..... to not mention where I got my fuel rails. And I'm going to look for an alternative so when people do ask and need a set, I can recommend another company to buy from instead of yours.

And I'm also trying to get the phone number for the BBB and consumer affairs in mich.

Maybe this will teach you to treat your customers a little more freindly.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Pauls High Prices has always been shady. i wouldn't deal with them any way.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Ah... the bitter aftertaste of being screwed over. I would have sent the whole damn thing back and bitched every single day until they dropped every last percent of that restocking fee. The BBB sounds like a good idea too.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Call your credit card company and refute it! Let them handle it for you. After all the interest you are shelling out, let them earn it!

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Here's the link to the Michigan BBB.....http://www.easternmichiganbbb.org/

1. Call them and make the complaint.
2. Call the credit card company and explain to them the situation and what you would like as far as a resolution. Ask if you should send back the products you did order, but no longer want because of this situation.
3. I would want all my money back after that type of treatment.

Good luck
:beer:

juicedgt02

Established Member
thanks for the heads up and i sure wont go there, and i am gonna spread the word so others dont get screwed. :rockon:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i had heard some horror stories, i think on Corral, about a guy that bought an IMRC delete kit from PHP, how it made nowhere near the power gains it was supposed to, they guy got charged for a ton of labor he shouldn't have, etc....i think it was posted on this board somewhere also, but i think the search funtion is still down.....

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
hehehe.....

I couldn't help myself. I looked up their website and got their phone number. I called to fuss at them but got an answering machine. I left a message that essentially said:

Hi, I'm a member of SVTPerformance.com. I just read about your dispute with Mike from N.J. and the restocking fee you beat him out of. I just wanted to let you know that we all back each other up at SVTP, and neither I nor any other members were going to be ordering parts from you.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
This is like the 4th bad story i've heard about PHP. I wasn't to impressed with them when I went there for a SVTOA event. Ridiculous prices.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
*note to self - add PHP to do not buy from list.
edit - made the call.

Last edited:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
just left them a message too! Thanks eddy. Stop the charge through the credit card bill. is this the same people who screwed some other dude on corral on a block?

sorry to hear it... we're behind you 100%:beer:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Add me to the 'I'll never do business with them,' list
Sorry to hear it. Customer service is going out the window these days.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
sent them an email with a link to this thread. Think they'll respond? What ever happened to customer service?

bouncer18

Established Member
ehre is what i would do

STOP PAYMENT on my credit card
KEEP the parts they sent

and wait for them to take you to court.... when they do, you counter sue for Fraud..

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Funny I saw paul yesterday at Ford, he only stayed for a few minutes. He was by himself and looked lonely....
He came to look at some tech for the 05 mustang but didn't even look. Got up and left.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. I'll post a link to this thread on mach1registry so the Mach guys can have a head's up.

starscream

Established Member
Originally posted by bouncer18
ehre is what i would do

STOP PAYMENT on my credit card

I really hope you mean 'dispute charge' on the credit card by that. Because if you don't pay your credit card, the only person who suffers is you. PHP has already been paid by the card company. Holding back your monthly payment only ruins your own credit report and history. Disputing the charge is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread