Shady Car Dealer?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Yes and with the car prices the way they are who knows what this thing will be worth in 6 months. Stuffs just out of control.
It will only go up it seems. Market is crazy on just about all Cars/Trucks these days.

Good luck and hope you close the deal today.

_Snake_

Established Member
Curious, why are they so easy to steal now?

I was going to list another theory as to why they are stolen but its not politically correct.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a 2018 Charger Hellcat and from what i've been reading on some of the groups, they WERE bypassing the factory alarm by breaking a quarter window, then it's easy to access the PCM with some wires under the glove box to plug a laptop in and create a key. There is a transmission release lever (for towing) under the change compartment next to the shifter with a neon orange flag on it that can be accessed and pulled in less than a minute once inside. Pull that and they push the car into the street while programming a key, and they're gone. Now people are saying they can create a key with a phone app that grabs your signal from your existing key. Stories of guys from Chicago finding their cars having 5-6 keys programmed when they only have 3 themselves. 99.9% of the people getting these stolen are people who own them in apartments, or have no garage, so sitting out on the street is like a golden goose.

ArabianOak

Established Member
deal has been made...sign everything in the morning at 1030am. plan is to stick around for a few (as the dealer should be funded within an hour or two).

the question then remains...flatbed it home or drive it in the salt for an hour, wash it then put the cover on...hmmm. lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
deal has been made...sign everything in the morning at 1030am. plan is to stick around for a few (as the dealer should be funded within an hour or two).

the question then remains...flatbed it home or drive it in the salt for an hour, wash it then put the cover on...hmmm. lol

Driving it won't hurt anything as long as you hose/dry it off before storing it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Flat bed. But that’s just me. Good buy man. Post pics when its home.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP you never told us what happened to the GT500, cmon bruh. Or did i miss it somewhere?

Also, there should be a class action lawsuit against dodge, the fact these cars are so easy to steal is atrocious.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I would get an enclosed trailer. I towed my car once on a car hauler in the rain and it got filthy! I couldn’t imagine my brand new 6 figure car getting that dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd drive it then wash it good (once it gets above freezing).
As previously mentioned it's going to get dirty either way, but with a flatbed you have to worry about possible damage loading and unloading a low vehicle. The guys are usually good at it, but shit happens.

Besides that drive home will be miles you can subtract from the break in period when you do get her out next spring.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Also, there should be a class action lawsuit against dodge, the fact these cars are so easy to steal is atrocious.

doesnt seem any worse than anything else, they're just highly desirable. Hell, one of our vendors got his pretty basic f150 stolen right out of his driveway via cloning the key fob because it was so close to the front door. Guys on one of the Raptor forums are bitching about people stealing/trying to steal their trucks as well. Seems most of the unsuccessful attempts were due to being interrupted.

South FL people we're getting their terminators stolen on the regular even with PATs etc...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
doesnt seem any worse than anything else, they're just highly desirable. Hell, one of our vendors got his pretty basic f150 stolen right out of his driveway via cloning the key fob because it was so close to the front door. Guys on one of the Raptor forums are bitching about people stealing/trying to steal their trucks as well. Seems most of the unsuccessful attempts were due to being interrupted.

South FL people we're getting their terminators stolen on the regular even with PATs etc...

Wasn’t the south fl terminator stuff always Caveman though ?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn’t the south fl terminator stuff always Caveman though ?

To my understanding not always. Some shops were copying keys of cars in for work. Im pretty sure some we're carrying around their own PCM and matched keys. Swap the pcm, put their key up by the reader and start it

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Thats one model, the problem with the Dodge cars it affects Jeep Cherokee (including SRT, Trackhawk), Chargers, Challengers, TRX, Wrangler 392, Durango 392, HC.
Also, who wants to steal an f150? LOL Unless it has a coyote or was a Raptor.

Superstock OP owns is highly sought after, will be even worse when productions ends for blown v8 cars.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
Congrats Abe glad it all worked out. You need my cell u could have asked me all these questions and u could have saved some time and had it quicker. I’ve been in the car business since 99 I know a lot of people in the car business in the chicago area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread