Setting up a Lawrence Meet/BBQ

ZimStang

Established Member
Setting up a Lawrence Meet/BBQ MAY 21ST!!

**UPDATED DATE SO MEMBERS WANTING TO ATTEND THE WORLD FORD CHALLENGE IN ST LOUIS COULD STILL ATTEND THE BBQ**

Hey guys I thought it'd be a fun idea to get everyone together and have a little fun this spring. I think itd be cool to get a bunch of guys together and do a little cookout / car show sort of thing, so here's what I propose.

DATE: Saturday May 21st, 2005
TIME: Noon - Whenever
WHAT: BBQ / Show off our cars! / Get to know each other.
WHERE: BROKEN ARROW PARK in Lawrence, Kansas.

I figure we can start it up at noon, I know theres a baseball diamond... so we could do a little softball, or there nice big fields for a little ultimate frisbee and stuff like that. We can come, park the cars, pop the hoods, look at our rides and cook some good ol fasion Angus beef as well. Ill try to bring a propane grille out there along with some paper utinsils. Bring your own meat / beverages along with anything else you might want to share. Lawn chairs would be recommended, but please no glass bottles. I think this would be a fun way to get to know each other around the KC area and spend a nice day in a picnic like atmosphere. Bring the family if youre up for it, and maybe later that day we could do a little cruise through Lawrence before everyone heads off their own ways. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING. Feel free to bring as many guests as youd like. Lets get a roll call here!

DIRECTIONS:

Coming from Kansas City on I-70: Take I-70 west until the WEST LAWRENCE exit. Pay the toll, then continue straight through the first stop light and continue through a small tunnel. Merge into traffic and you are now on IOWA street. Continue on Iowa Street until you reach 31st street. Take a left on 31st street and continue all the way until the 4 way stop signs (past Best Buy, Home Depot, and the post office.) Take a left at the stop sign, and Broken Arrow Park will be immediately on your right.

Coming from Kansas City on K-10: Follow K-10 into Lawrence... K10 turns into 23rd street. Continue on 23rd street until you reach Louisiana Street and take a left there. Broken Arrow Park will be 2-3 miles down Louisiana Street on your left.

Coming from West of Lawrence on I-70: Take I-70 east until the WEST LAWRENCE exit. Pay the toll, then continue straight through the first stop light and continue through a small tunnel. Merge into traffic and you are now on IOWA street. Continue on Iowa Street until you reach 31st street. Take a left on 31st street and continue all the way until the 4 way stop signs (past Best Buy, Home Depot, and the post office.) Take a left at the stop sign, and Broken Arrow Park will be immediately on your right.

Last edited:

Turbosnake03

Established Member
kick ass idea only one problem..... That is the weekend of World Ford Challenge and im sure alot of guys that would normally attend this BBQ will be in St. Louis. How about May 7th?? just a idea.

Laters

203Cree

Established Member
21st works for me. we could all just convoy up there. it's easy to get to from 56 as well.

Turbosnake03

Established Member
tires

POP TOP said:
Sound good. Hey Jason what do you use on those tires they look great.

Thanks Drew, i think it is called Tire Wet. I would wipe them down before i drive though other wise you get some of that sh!t on your paint. I would talked to Dave ( 2Fastmonts ) on here when it comes to cleaning products.. I think he has tried almost every damn product out there.

laters
Jason

ZimStang

Established Member
Hey to keep from having the stuff fling onto your paint, try mcguires tire wax... its like a purple gel and you apply it with a sponge applicator. Stays on there for more than 12 hours and can withhold high speeds without flinging off... thats what i use.

12nChng

Established Member
Wow I didn't know there were so many people on here from Lawrence! I think I have seen you driving around Zimstang. I'd probly be up for coming! I have to see what that weekend looks like.

ZimStang

Established Member
^^ awesome... i try waving at all stang owners that look like they care about their cars. Lets try to get the Lawrence wave goin on haha

Users who are viewing this thread