Set me Straight! 01' Bullitt or 93' Cobra

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
64.5 07K said:
Whatever you do, don't get an :bowdown:unmodified 93 Cobra and do your deeds to it, PLEASE!!!
:coolman:

Why? You can modify one to make it a better car without harming its integrity. Then if you feel the need, return it back stock down the road.

That's what I plan to do if I ever feel it necessary. I doubt I will though, its to much fun now :D

jspalmer01

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Why? You can modify one to make it a better car without harming its integrity. Then if you feel the need, return it back stock down the road.

That's what I plan to do if I ever feel it necessary. I doubt I will though, its to much fun now :D

That is kinda my philosophy too. I have only done a few bolt-ons (suspension, engine dressup, cold air system), and still have all the original parts sitting in the basement. Thats the benefit of being an original owner and thinking ahead to future collectibility (if that matters to you). Only thing I have done which might require a little work if somebody ever bought my car (and wants it totally original) was taking off the subframes. BUT, I think they enhance the inherint chassis weakness of the fox bodies over the long term...MHO.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
(if that matters to you). Only thing I have done which might require a little work if somebody ever bought my car (and wants it totally original) was taking off the subframes. BUT, I think they enhance the inherint chassis weakness of the fox bodies over the long term...MHO.

I agree.

All of my take off parts are laying here around the house but I cannot ever imagine going back to stock

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I don't mind a few mods, but when people take these cars and make them full-on race cars, I don't get that. I know of a guy who has a teal 93. It does not have the original block in it. It has a stroked 351 with a supercharger and the interior is gutted. I just don't understand why you would do that. Pay extra for a 93 Cobra and then remove everything that makes it a Cobra to race at the track.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93_Snake said:
I don't mind a few mods, but when people take these cars and make them full-on race cars, I don't get that. I know of a guy who has a teal 93. It does not have the original block in it. It has a stroked 351 with a supercharger and the interior is gutted. I just don't understand why you would do that. Pay extra for a 93 Cobra and then remove everything that makes it a Cobra to race at the track.

yeah that is going to far.

Users who are viewing this thread