Set 4 with 58 mm upgrade turbo and other mods.

THAITED

Established Member
Anyone who own a neon please chime in. How much HP will it make to the wheels? Just curious I have a 2v GT with Paxton, 5.1 liter. Prior to new intake, new T body and slip clutch, I was making 590 rwhp. Right now the car is running rich and untune. Current Hp dropped to 502 rwhp. Can I take him, thanks.

Kiohtee

Established Member
There is nowhere near enough information to give you a legit response.

THAITED

Established Member
There is nowhere near enough information to give you a legit response.
Thank you, I don't blame you at all. That was all the info this kid gave me. He has mail order tune. He claimed his car run best at 14.5 to 1 A/F. I think he is pulling my legs. First he told me he run 585. A minute later was 550 whp. Couple of minutes after he said "oh it's just 505 whp for now." I showed him my recent dyno sheet with less HP. He didn't have anything to show me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So....is this race challenge for money? Or is he just bragging about how great his little Neon is.

Not sure what you mean by your car being "untuned". I have to assume that you mean that your present custom tune is too rich so you're down on power. If that's the case, your first priority should be to get a new (and proper) tune. Why would you even consider a race against this Neon if you know you're down almost 100rwhp? Lastly, what did you change between your your last dyno run and now where you're running rich and you're down all the horsepower? I'm a little confused.

I don't understand your thread title. What is "Set 4"?

THAITED

Established Member
So....is this race challenge for money? Or is he just bragging about how great his little Neon is.

Not sure what you mean by your car being "untuned". I have to assume that you mean that your present custom tune is too rich so you're down on power. If that's the case, your first priority should be to get a new (and proper) tune. Why would you even consider a race against this Neon if you know you're down almost 100rwhp? Lastly, what did you change between your your last dyno run and now where you're running rich and you're down all the horsepower? I'm a little confused.

I don't understand your thread title. What is "Set 4"?

Sorry for misspelled. I think he just bragged about it. My car need the retune with new intake and T-body. Ever since I installed a new mods, it has been running rich. My clutch is slipping that's why I down almost 100 HP. As for this kid, he claimed to ride his Motorcycle 200 miles for SF to Sanoma without letting off the pedal. IMHO, I think he is a bullshitter. He offered to give my neighbor a ride in his Neon but never offer it to me. He claimed he has his car dyno but never show me his dyno sheet. I'm thinking he's pulling my leg.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
If he's making a little less hp than you, he may win because his car is lighter. Don't underestimate those SRT-4s. They can be quite nasty

THAITED

Established Member
If he's making a little less hp than you, he may win because his car is lighter. Don't underestimate those SRT-4s. They can be quite nasty

We are not racing anytime soon he said he needs tune again (mail order tune, O2 sensor is bad and it's running lean).

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

This. Car probably weighs 2800lbs if its still full interior and could make upwards of 500whp with a good tune and some c16.

HandBanana

Established Member
Thank you, I don't blame you at all. That was all the info this kid gave me. He has mail order tune. He claimed his car run best at 14.5 to 1 A/F. I think he is pulling my legs. First he told me he run 585. A minute later was 550 whp. Couple of minutes after he said "oh it's just 505 whp for now." I showed him my recent dyno sheet with less HP. He didn't have anything to show me.

Having owned two, I could shed some light on this for you if I had a little more info. If it really is a "58mm turbo", it could only be a Precision as no one offers anything else for that car in that odd size, unless it's ebay nonsense. Why did your car suddenly drop in power so drastically? I wouldn't think a new TB would cause all of that loss and for you to be running rich. Get your car straightened out before you even consider running him.

This kid sounds like the typical SRT owner, finally saved up enough to do a big turbo set-up and they don't take into account all the extras that go along with such an upgrade. Also someone who throws out 500whp numbers like that IS LYING. He doesn't know what his car makes, I'm sure it's never seen a dyno. It's probably as hacked together and terribly-running as all of the kids' neons are here.

Sad to see really, as previously stated, they do have a lot of potential. I had a Bullseye S362 on mine with supporting mods and made 455whp on pump @ 19psi, 505whp on 24psi on Torco. On pump gas I pulled a car on a 2.2 KB Cobra and a bus length on a stock C6 Z06. The thing was an animal. Proceed with caution if he gets his shit together.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I think if you are at the numbers you say you are then you should be able to still put him at bay.

he could be watering down his actual mods because most mustang guys arent know for knowing much about other platforms.

Users who are viewing this thread