Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only use tuner/mechanic

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Only I touch this car

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

SatinSnake

Established Member
I've always attempted to do most all repairs and maintenance to my vehicles, but I decided to use the dealership a couple times with the cobra. 2 different dealerships and both experiences were terrible. I guess I'll have to use my tuner for anything outside my comfort zone. Do any of you actually allow Ford to touch your car?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would bet that most will do their own mods unless it is something out of their league or a more complex install never done before. I know when I had my Cobra I always tried to do my own work. For something I was not comfortable doing, I would use Dave A. (Juiced46). The only guy I'd trust with my car.

mrose75

Established Member
Myself, then dealer, then random mechanic. I've done everything myself except for my alternator. While my car was in for the alternator I had them do an oil change. I think for did about 2 other oil changes for me and the accelerator/carpet TSB. Other than that I do it all, thanks to this site.

testorossa1989

Established Member
All the fords in my area have terrible service and one of them is a certified roush dealer. I hand picked my dealership out of state (CT about 30miles) from me and have a selected master tech that i only go to by appointment. Im over all satisfied with that dealership. Make no mistake i walked into 6 different dealerships and had poor service. One service tech manager even told me my eaton didnt have oil and theirs no such thing as svt or a maintence cycle for drivetrain, ect. I looked at all the guests and felt bad this shmuch was changing their oil. Its the luck of the draw

All the tuners ive spoken too JDM, Lund ect have been more helpful than any dealership ive been tooo where i havent told them what the car needed. I love ford but they really need to have a system revamp on how they operate. I also feel like this isnt isolated to just ford as many bad experiences stem from other manufacturers which is why the age of speciality shops has gone up. Smaller family run, more hands on and customer based.

SatinSnake

Established Member
This all started due to a oil leak on my rear end. I thought it was the rear cap that I've read many others have had problems with. After clean up I found the source to be the pinion seal. Not sure if many of you would consider this an easy fix but after some research I was not comfortable with trying it. Had it been on one of my older cars, sure, I would have dove in. With this car I'm more leery about my abilities. I ended spending 500 bucks to replace the seal, oil change, grease everything, and a fuel filter. Seems a bit steep. Never received a call that my vehicle was done. When they pulled it around for pick up, there were two people in my vehicle. I asked what they were doing and she she stated she was showing him how to drive a stick. IN MY %#*^#!% COBRA!!! I about lost it.

rizjan67

Established Member
I would never take my car to any Ford dealership either it's stock or modified ,,if I have any issues or problems I just take to performance shop who has been working on my cars for a while.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Myself, tuner, dealership, random repair shop. In that order.

About the only thing that differs for me on this list is if I have a friend that does mechanics professionally. I would put them in front of the tuner for actual mechanic work.

Users who are viewing this thread