seriously... i sold it... what the hell was i thinking?!?!

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
i sold my 13,000 mile Cobra cause i thought it wasn't worth paying for to let it sit... in thelast year i drove it 300 miles a year prior to selling it like 3 months ago... maybe 4... seriously i want to beat my skull in with a tack hammer so it's a long slow death... i've been looking for a 67 or 68 notch to terminator swap but as i look, it's just not gonna be the same haha

so i ask... what's going rate on a high milage Cobra... honestly prefer an 03 as i dislike chrome... i saw a few for like $21,500 if i see one around that price should i just jump on it reguardless of the color? cause man... the best part of owning a terminator, it owning a terminator. not driving it, not showing it off, just knowing you actually have one... i spend 5 months looking many times a week till i found the right one... i'm worried if buy another one the guys gonna end up selling mine while i have another one in the mean time and that would only frustrate me...

advice, price range fo higher milage terminators, pictures and people pointing and laughing at me for being stupid are all appreciated :whine:

mtb01

Established Member
WOW! You must be related to me. I sold my first one because I didn't drive it enough. 2weeks later I was looking on autotrder. Finally my wife got so pissed at me for showing her every cobra, she said PLEASE get one before you go nuts. So I did.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Well if the price was right for the sell, why be mad...

BTW you can get a high mile
age coupe for really close to 20K

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
shoot, my neighbor just sold his CLEEEEAN dsg with about 40k on it and very tasteful mods (not lowered, not pullied) for $22k!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I sold mine and never looked back. I finnally have a car that is a blast to do my own work on

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
WOW! You must be related to me. I sold my first one because I didn't drive it enough. 2weeks later I was looking on autotrder. Finally my wife got so pissed at me for showing her every cobra, she said PLEASE get one before you go nuts. So I did.

awesome, usually its the other way around. "NO NO i dont want you driving that noisy dangerous car anymore. quit wasting ure money bla bla"

but as far as selling ure cobra goes... if you really like the car, you willb like me and have them sitting around with car covers on em even if u dont drive them

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Don't feel bad bro, I sold my 03' 10th anniv. with 18k on the odometer two weeks ago. Like you I never drove it and it would have sat in storage for 6 months here soon so I let her go. Do I miss it, hell yeah I do, oh well. There will be another one.

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
Yea these car aren't going to be rare collector cars in 20 years. Drive the shit out of it while you can before you end up like the old farts in the Vettes.

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
first off what the hell is with my signature i've fixed it like 4 times and it's still messed up...

Dang Justin.............didn't realize you had sold. Get back in one ASAP!!!

yeh, it sucks... trust me i'd already be in another one if it weren't so close to winter and lay off time... sucks working construction sometimes... we'll see if i hit the lay off list this year or not and come spring i think i'm gonna trade my Audi TT in another one... atleast that's my plan... or still let my fiance drive the TT while i drive piles of crap till i get another terminator... i'd prefer to not have to shop as long this time...

anyways it's nice to know you don't have any plans on selling it any time soon... i'm clearing out my fleet of VW's (i havd 8 right now) looking to sell or part out 7 of them and then i think it's time for another terminator... it seriously sucks... i used to drive the terminator when i wanted to be reminded what it's like to own a car with a whole bunch of power if i wanted to use it, even though i didn't cause i mean i loved the car too much to beat on it. which brings me to buy it and don't drive it... i've never been that way with any car till that one. i bought the car and didn't care how much it costed it had to be the right one which is why i spent 5 months looking. so when i had it i loved it too much to rack the miles on it and wear it out and i was deathly afraid to get a single ding dent, or scratch in it. i seriously would have killed a man if that happened!

(actually dave, i had no idea what the car costed when i went inside to start the paper work. if you look through the glove box of papers you'll see the window sticker said see associate for details. i also found the top of the stock shifter buddy. so i'm send you an email soon about getting that to you...)

i think my requirements for my next Terminator is going to be would prefer 1 ding and atleast like 40,000 miles so i don't feel so bad driving it HAHAHAHAHA ...i'm off to the classifieds...

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
It's threads like these that make me realise I could never sell my Cobra. I just know I'd be looking for another like a week later.
Good luck in finding another, soon. :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is exactly why I just bought a set of Drag Radials From Lethalperformance. My car had just stopped being fun to drive because there was absolutely no traction from a stop through the first three gears. Hopefully the sun will come out later, and I will take it to get them installed and begin to have fun again. But I have been toying with selling mine for the last year. I even stop to look at vettes at the dealerships about once a week...

-Jeff

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't understand the "Buy it and don't drive it" way of thinking.

Some buy a muscle car for just the occasional drive. Like on weekends. Not all that uncommon, especially if the person owns 2 or more cars. My son-in-law has a 2007 F350 turbo diesel, a 2005 Dodge pickup, a 2005 Nissan 350Z, and a 2006 Z06 Vette. The Z06 is only used on occasional weekends. In my case, it would be my only car (which it was when I had my '03) so it was basically a daily driver. It would be interesting to know the percentage of Terminator owners who drive their car daily vs. on weekends. Hmmm. Maybe a poll is needed. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread