Serious Drag strip cobras...

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Just currious, anyone here running enough power, ON THE IRS SYSTEM, to get the front tires off the ground?? I am just really interested in if people have been able to accomplish air up front, with out having to be trailed home in 100 peices?, or if a live axel is a MUST for that sort of thing?? (if anyone has picts, I just can't get over how awesome that looks):beer:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
good question!

I would think you'd need to get as much wieght off the nose as possible first.

Then some drag suspension components. Front and rear.

Girdle, and possible stock axles, but I'm sure they wouldn't put up to it too many times. Also the input shaft would probably give up.

Also the stock clutch it terrible for prolonged 6k dumps which is what would be required.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
there is a video in circulation of a street race where a cobra pulls the tires. the story is that it has irs but is lightened in the front (k member)

mystifiedworm

Established Member
That video is awesome. I heard that he had 4.30 or higher gears. MT ET Streets, and lightened front end. Not sure what motor mods were done but heard that he was using nitrous.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by sgt d
there is a video in circulation of a street race where a cobra pulls the tires. the story is that it has irs but is lightened in the front (k member)

Yep, I've seen that video, and it's awesome.

J15BIG

Established Member
Pc280308lg.jpg

If you want the video, I can email it to you. Its 6.5MB - Just let me know by E-Mail - [email protected]

trey193

Established Member
That car and vid is one of the most remarkable things I have seen, especially since he still runs IRS! I have watched that vid over and over and over!!!!!!! I wish I knew his combo suspension wise!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
A lot of gear, big sticky tires in the rear, small tires in the front, k member, and drag springs in the front and rear, and some weight reduction mods. We aren't talking about rocket science.

I bet that car is running 4.56s.

Users who are viewing this thread