Selling of guns, ammo etc in the market

dougwg

Established Member
Do you realize that SVTP is protected by Federal statute?

The Volokh Conspiracy - CraigsList Not Liable for Shooting That Used a Gun Sold Via a Craigslist Ad:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act]Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (a common name for Title V of the Telecommunications Act of 1996) is a landmark piece of Internet legislation in the United States, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 230. Section 230(c)(1) provides immunity from liability for providers and users of an "interactive computer service" who publish information provided by others:

US CODE: Title 47,230. Protection for private blocking and screening of offensive material

Therefor, there is no reason not to allow it.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
47 USC 230 is a very good statute for SVTP. I've had to use it on more than one occasion against those threatening to sue the site. However, I am not aware of any case on point which applies that statute to the sale of firearms. As such, I don't believe it would be the most prudent move to start allowing those sales. In the end, due to its highly regulated nature I don't believe it would be a good market for SVTP to step into.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I would Love SVTP to be a one stop shop. However just about every area of the country has a fairly large shooters forum to do this. For Me Northeastshooters.com - Powered by vBulletin fills my firearms needs. After all. a Car site is not the best place to find firearms information. Your local forums are a great resource for connecting, shooting, and general support of any firearm needs you may have. From borrowing tools to being taken to new ranges as a guest.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It would also have about as much traffic as a fitness sub-forum.

zumbo

Established Member
See that big e bay logo?

Those punks probably wont advertise on a site that allows gun sales.

Users who are viewing this thread