Selling 1 of the Cobras ... Your thoughts/suggestions

Two Snakes

Putting on the foil
Established Member
Well, I have to get the kid's college fund in shape, we are finishing off the basement, and I just bought a new truck. One of the Cobras should go. I am leaning towards keeping the 93 because it will be easier to find another Terminator than finding a mint, stock 93, if I want to add a second Cobra back to the stable. No final decisions yet. Give me your thoughts, guys. Thanks. :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
your points are valid, but at the end of the day which one would you rather drive? Are you trying to keep the car for value reasons or driving reasons.

SVT4ME

Established Member
A stock 93 would be tough to find all right. Sounds like you've taken care of it and it will be the more unique ride to own. Go for it

Tank5879

Established Member
That is definately a tough one. I feel like I can help you a little with your decision. I had a 93 that I owned for 3 years. I sold it last year because i was really hot for the new shelby. Well, as you can see form my sig, I now own a 04 coupe. The shelby issue is beside the point. I will say this: everytime I drive the 04 I smile and definately have no regrets about selling the 93. I miss it, but at the same time, the 04 is so much better in every way. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I helped my friend that bought my 93 put exhaust on it. It was still in mint shape, but it just looked dated. It didnt do anything for me, and when i pulled it into the garage, I couldnt believe how light the clutch was! so, let me tell you, back when I sold it, i had some regrets, and when I would see it, i would kick myself for selling such an amazing car, becasue of its condition, and its place in history. And I would remind myself that some people dream of owning one and arent as fortunate as I was to have one. Now, I have no desire to have one. actually, thats not true... I'd like to have one, but no way would I sell my 04 to get one. I would bet one if I had the money to be a collector! Thats a tough one. I think logically, the 04 is better to keep, but sentimentally, the 93s are sweet and will hold value better....Its tough, but I say keep the 04!!

Two Snakes

Putting on the foil
Established Member
Thanks much guys. :beer:

dgussin, the 04 is hands down more fun to drive.

Tank, thanks much for the feedback, particularly since you have been in this position. I am working toward finding a way to keep both, but right now it is looking like one will have to go. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Mark

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
Get rid of the 93. In the end it's just an old Mustang. The 04 seems like much more fun.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
Thats a tough call. Both are great cars for their own respected reasons. I would have to agree it would be easier to find another 03/04 than a nice 93. I dont know what to tell you. Well good luck. :beer:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Keep them both, sounds like your have them payed off anyways. If you have a loan on on or the other thn I guess its an easy choice.

I would just start saving for the kids, while I enjoy my toys. If you couldnt do both then do which ever saves the most money.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I would keep the 93...you can always get another 04 in 2-3 years. The 04's value is decreasing while the 93 is increasing. If you want a driver keep the 04. $$$ wise I would keep the 93. Just think what you could get for a mint 93 in another 5-10 years.

skunkt-u

Established Member
I say keep them BOTH!!!!

Well I have 6 kids (Hers,mine & ours.) But I still have all my toys. (and Hers) I cant justify investing money in something, then turn around and sell it. I have a 1.5 yrs left on my car and then its paid for. My oldest will be in college in about 4 yrs. So I have time for her college fund. My opinion keep them especially if you bought both of them brand new. Good luck w/ the decision.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tank5879 said:
That is definately a tough one. I feel like I can help you a little with your decision. I had a 93 that I owned for 3 years. I sold it last year because i was really hot for the new shelby. Well, as you can see form my sig, I now own a 04 coupe. The shelby issue is beside the point. I will say this: everytime I drive the 04 I smile and definately have no regrets about selling the 93. I miss it, but at the same time, the 04 is so much better in every way. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I helped my friend that bought my 93 put exhaust on it. It was still in mint shape, but it just looked dated. It didnt do anything for me, and when i pulled it into the garage, I couldnt believe how light the clutch was! so, let me tell you, back when I sold it, i had some regrets, and when I would see it, i would kick myself for selling such an amazing car, becasue of its condition, and its place in history. And I would remind myself that some people dream of owning one and arent as fortunate as I was to have one. Now, I have no desire to have one. actually, thats not true... I'd like to have one, but no way would I sell my 04 to get one. I would bet one if I had the money to be a collector! Thats a tough one. I think logically, the 04 is better to keep, but sentimentally, the 93s are sweet and will hold value better....Its tough, but I say keep the 04!!
Good points. If I was in a similar situation I personally would keep the Terminator. I've been in a '93 Mustang GT and it would be tough for me to give up the superior Terminator for the sake of having a more rare Mustang. Maybe 10 years from now I'd feel differently, but I believe cars are made to be driven and enjoyed. The fact that you have put your '93 in storage since buying the Terminator says something, too. Best of luck with your decision. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread